Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What is it worth?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by det45, Jul 10, 2000.

1. det45

det45 1/2 ton status

I was viewing an earlier discussion on what K5s are worth depending on their condition, miles, etc. I had bought mine at a dealership a year ago and I am curious to see if I paid the right price for it. I live in San Antonio Texas and we have no rust here and it's sunny 354 days out of the year. Cars last here if you take care of them. My K5 is an 1989 silverado 1500. I am the 2nd owner and I bought it with 67,000 miles (Verified) on the clock. It has every option offered and has a 5.7 liter, 700R4, limited slip diffs., rally wheels, 32x11.50s BF all terrains. Windows are tinted, new paint (cars fade down here in texas thus requiring paint every 10 years or so) Interior is in mint condition without any flaws except for a minor chip in the windshield. original sterio, seats, etc, etc....The truck drives solid and breaks straight. AC is cold. Looking under the truck there are no leaks and it is very clean. The skid plates do not have any scratchs (I kid you not!) and the frame bushings look like they never been touched. I don't think it has ever been off road. It shifts into 4L and 4H properly and the trans shifts solidly. Also has the factory tow package and warn hubs. What would a rig like this be worth? I will reveal what I paid for it once I see what you all think first. Oh by the way there is no dents, no door dings, and all the trim looks new to include the bumpers, grill etc. I did a background check on it and everything checked out good to include the low miles......Thanks you all......Det45

2. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Your descp. I would say as much as it was worth to you....Blazer are funny animals...book price don't mean sh#t, if you want it bad enough you'll ante whatever it takes, I've folks who have paid $5.00 to $20,000, but I can tell you this be prepared, you have to contiune to pour money into them. And you'll actually<font color=red> ENJOY </font color=red>doing just that if you're truly a K5'r...congrats on the purchase!

<font color=blue>White Knight</font color=blue>[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

Things are worth only what someone will pay for it. So its worth to you what you paid. around me you can find a lot of any kind of vehicle you want. So I'll guess, but I could be off for the rest of the country....not a dime over $5000. Maybe k5s are are more prevalent in Tex so it would be worth less, maybe they're rarer by you so it would be worth more. If you like her then you paid a good price for her.

4. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

5. det45

det45 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the comments, they are a valuable tool. I bought the 1989 K5 at a very large oldsmobile dealership. I saw it in front of the dealership while driving down I-10. They had it on a display ramp. Anyway, the dealer I bought it from said that they usually get rid of all used vehicles more than 5 years old to smaller auto dealers. However, being that my K5 had very low miles and was in mint condition, they made an exception. When I had bought it, it had only 67,000 miles on it. I was a little skepticle on the miles even though the truck looked good so I had my brother in-law do a complete background check on the VIN number. (He works at a different dealership and has access to DOT computers.) Everything checked out. They wanted 10,000 for the blazer but I talked them down to 9,000 So that's what I paid for my 89 K5..... Did I do alright?........Thanks you all....

6. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

Sounds about right for a dealer price. Buying from a private party you might've been able to knock down to 6800 or 7000.

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

7. MICHIGAN BLAZER

MICHIGAN BLAZER 1/2 ton status

I agree w/ AGM. About what a dealer price should be. Sounds like a cherry though....don't find many "mint" vehicles in michigan.

<font color=red>MICHIGAN BLAZER
    <font color=green>89 Fullsize Blazer
    87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout