Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what is it?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tmanofcali, Jun 17, 2001.

1. tmanofcali

tmanofcali 1/2 ton status

i know this is in the wrong forum, but im not getting any responses on the first gen board. i was having a voltage draw problem on my 1972 k-5, but i beleive we narrowed it down to a relay under the dash. i just dont know what it is a relay for.it is on the upper right hand side of the fuse block.it has a metal case and a 3 wire plug to it. if anyone can tell me what this is for i would appreciate it. truck seems to run fine without it plugged in, but i still want to replace it, but what is it. thanks for your replies.

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

It could be something someone else put in at one time and then never took it out when they removed it... the guy I bought my Blazer from... there's so much crap he put in and then did a half ways job removing it I had problems for months. He had a KC light wiring set up and it went to nothing! The actual set up with a foot away burried when I found it... My rig still does things and it's frustrating because there's 40,000 wires! If it does nothing... and make darn sure it's not powering something important then yank it out. But try out everything... if everything works without the relay set up... then it's probably an extra like I had...

"Suck Fumes Ford Boy"
    "I love my country, I fear my government"
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</A>

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

It could be a self-resetting fuse for old electric trailer brakes...was the truck ever used for towing?

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

4. blazin72

blazin72 1/2 ton status

What color is the wires that come out of it?
    There is a horn relay and another relay that went to the transmission I think dont hold me to it.
    Blazin72

Blazin 72