Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What is new all?!?!

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by 8_YOUR_H2, Jun 7, 2006.

1. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Wow no new posts in here for a while!

What is everyone doing this summer? So far our group has gone to Rockport and Disney OK. We went to Disney over Memorial Day and it was awesome. Tons of people there. I had to take my jeep sice the truck is not done yet. Here are some pics and no comments on how fat I am

http://www.samsphotoclub.com/share/guest_enter.asp?id=4177842&sid=2460757

Right now I am working on the truck which I bought from resurrection joe back in August. It was going to be my "cheap trail beater" :haha: Well, after a new motor, transmission, doubler that idea is gone.

So far I have done the B52 kit on the front and I am 4 likning the rear with air shocks. The rear should be done this weekend. I am also building a tube bed for it and tubing the front. Interior is gutted and jegs cage is ready to go in. Hope to be done in the next month since everything is bought now.

So what is everyone else up to?

2. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I've been out a few times in the past month and had problems with my truck associated with lowering it. I have all the issues worked out, but still need to go get a few pics for the B52 writeup.

I have attached photos from my Flat Nasty Trip - one of me on Papa Bear at Flat Nasty. Second is Trail 4 on a Night run - got a little "stuck" here. At this point in the trail, I had no front driveshaft or hydro assist steering, so it was fun!

I think with Gas prices the way they are, I have to stick to parks within 1-2 hours from me and the trips are limited to 1 or so per month.

Other than that, I have major tubework to finish and it should be good to go for the summer.

There will be another park open in Missouri real soon. Rockport Offroad Park is opening a facility in Missouri near Hannibal. That is closer to you.

Also, you remember meeting me in KV that time for the springs? Well, there is a new park, which I have yet to check out - in Kirksville, MO. We should plan a CK5 get together somewhere soon. With all of the cool parks opening in MO, I will not venture out much outside its borders for a while. We've got rock, mud and trails that will challenge ANY vehicle.

neil_papabear4729.JPG

night3667.jpg

3. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

That is awesome to know more parks are opening up in Missouri. I would be in for a CK5 trip but I may have to bring my jeep if the beast is not done yet.

What kind of problems did you have with the B52 kit? Mine is almost 3" lower now but it will have no clearance problems due to no front sheet metal.

Be sure to keep me informed on the new parks! Kirksville is a short drive for us in southern Iowa and I know we would go wheeling there a lot, do you have any info on it at all?

4. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

No new information on the KV park, but I will try to find out real soon.

The only issues I have were not associated with the B52 kit at all. Actually, it is in regards to how many leaves I chose for my front packs. Mine sits at factory height (before most springs went to negative arch). So, with High Steer and Hydro Assist, I have clearance issues which I am working out. Secondly, my driveshaft was not set up for such major droop. I have about 2" of up travel and 10" of down. As the shackle drops away from the frame, it swivels the axle forward, pulling the shaft out.

I will have this detailed in the writeup.

I built a super long travel driveshaft using PTO shaft and coupler, with stock parts. It works well and was very cheap.

I'll keep you up on the facility in KV - it is called "The Farm", but do not think they have a website or anything.

5. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Anybody else wheeling, wrenching, or alive??:dunno:

6. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Yup, im alive. Ive just been really busy at work, and by the time i get home im not in the mood to be wrenching on my Toyota. Ive gotten it out some and have been working bugs out of it, it never needs anything major worked on but its enough that i either dont have the time or energy to go out to the garage and start turning wrenches. Heres how it sits right now, actually i snapped this just after i pulled it off the trailer after the last trip.

[​IMG]

When im not wheeling or wenching on the toy, ive been working on my '95 K2500, trying to squeeze as much reliable horsepower out of a stock compression 6.5 as i can. The intercooler will be my next undertaking as soon as the toyota is back together, damn thing is cutting fuel on me due to my IAT's being to high.

7. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I would like to come out and play sometime with my Jimmy. I is basicly set up for mud but I would like to hit some trails if you wouldn't mind pulling me out of the tough spots

[​IMG]