Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what is that hose coming out of the firewall,under the steering....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by boggerless, Jun 8, 2004.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

for . mine had a wire plug taped to it.that also came through the same hole??the cab is an 86.the plug that's with it has a blue wire with a white stripe,and a green wire and a brown wire and lastly a solid blue wire.any help would be sweet. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    the plug that's with it has a blue wire with a white stripe,and a green wire and a brown wire and lastly a solid blue wire.any help would be sweet

[/ QUOTE ]
    that sounds like for the lockup converter on a 700r4. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. boggerless

cool. that ain't gonna help no turbine400 ... i guess ican disconect that also.JR will be done TJ, soon.all the lights work as of tonight.just getting the cage made for the fear fenders.did you get the measurments for the u- bolts. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

4. big83chevy4x4

i lied, the wires are not for the lockup for a 700r4, there are only 3 blue, green and yellow /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif not sure what they are for
    i looked on my truck and it doesn't have a hose anywhere close to the steering on the firewall.

not yet, still gotta get the springs and blocks. next couple days though. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

time to get the driveshafts in and drive it /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm thinking perhaps cruise? If you are using the brake pedal setup out of the same truck, check to see if the brake pedal has a switch on it with that hose connected.

IIRC it's a fairly large hose that was used for cruise, not the smaller stuff typically used around the engine.

6. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

It's for the Cruize control like Dorian said.... their should be two switches on the brake pedal if it has cruize.....

7. boggerless

your right, i just went and looked. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gifi couldn't that night cuz it was time for little man's bath. i ment my son you sicko's /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif. if i unpug that crap it won't jack up my brake lights will it? thanks daryl /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

8. big83chevy4x4

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    it might, there will be a red box under the dash, i think thats for the cruise. there should be some wires running from that box to one of the switches on the brake petal. you can get ride of all that. the hose will do nothing so that can comeout also. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. boggerless

thanks tj, i droped the pics off today so we can add to the list soon. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif it's been storming like crazy here. how about you? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

10. big83chevy4x4

just a sprinkle, im glad cause im dont have my window in yet /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif
    i got the door pulled apart yesterday and its worse than i though, im gonna cut around the mirror all the way to the door handle and weld in another from another door. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. boggerless

it's friggin pouring here.man that sucks about you window my truck squeeks when i turn now. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifand the door ajar light comes on once in awhile and the interier cab light flickers now and again. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif POS electrical crap /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifshe's finally earning her place in the herd and she's gonna start acting up. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

12. big83chevy4x4

the f250 we had at my old work, the door ajar light never went off, witched caused the dome light to stay on. we couldn't find where the sensor is at so we took the dome light out and lived with the door ajar light being on.

i got the peice cut out of each door and mostly welded in and ground down, tommorrow, finish welding, grinding, and slap some bondo on her and she'll be good as new /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif