Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What is the absolut BEST CB on the market?

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by bigblock454, Oct 28, 2002.

1. bigblock454

bigblock454 Clack Clack Clack Premium Member

If price didn't matter, what would you buy?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

3. bigblock454

I was thinking about a Galaxy 959. Do you have any opinion on one of those?

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Any Galaxy is good in my opinion. I have a Galaxy 99 in my Blazer and really like it. The 959 doesn't have all the funtions of the 99, but it's still a good radio. The 88 is also a nice radio. I went for the 99 becouse I like the meter on it. If I was going to get a new radio, it'd be the RCI 6900F TB though. Now that's one hella of a nice radio !!!!!

5. bigblock454

Yes that RCI looks awsome, the Galaxy is awsome also. How do you get them converted to normal CB? Is their instructions for DIY?

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It's not really a do it yourself thing. Some radios you move a wire on the board, others you need to add or remove a resister. Do you know anyone that work on CB radios ??? Some shops won't do it becouse it's not really something the FCC is overly thrilled about, other shops will. Places like Copper Electronics and H&Y Electronics will. They carry Galaxy, but I'm not sure if they have the RCI. My friend that has a CB shop carries RCI (Ranger) but not Galaxy, can convert them. (See post on Bigfoot Radio Repair). I really like the RCI 6900F TB. One hell of a nice radio. That's the next one I'll get.

7. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Then you got guys like me that think Galaxy's are pure junk and overly rated. Now on the other hand I have a 6900f and had a 2970dx that i like well. I'm also a big big fan of Connex. I run a 3300hp in my big truck that'll kick the dog snot outta galaxy99 and I only paid half the price. But it didnt come with sideband that had to be installed after I got it. The Connex4800 is hella sweet and it comes with sideband. All in all it boils down to preference.

8. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I run the Galaxy DX-99 also. I had a shop tune it up as much as they could but I wonder if it was worth the money. Seems like a Sears special will do 95% of what you need.

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've got a Galaxy 99 in the K5. I like it, does everything I want, but next new radio I buy will be a Ranger 6900F-TB [​IMG]

10. Sandman

Wow.. It glows. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It sure makes me glow when I think about having one in the K5 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif But I'll have too suffer with a Galaxy DX-99V till I get other stuff taken care of first. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Oh, /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. '72brett

'72brett 1/2 ton status

I use a cheap $60 cobra from radio shack, it works cool for what I got it for, I also got a $110 scanner, that adds a lot of fun to a blazer!

13. Sandman

I dont think I would call that much of a suffer! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. Dale fan

Dale fan 1/2 ton status

Out of the galaxys I like the 33 the best. while it has less channels and features it has the cleanest sounding board in it. Next I'd go with either a 44 or 66, those both have the same basic board in them and are clean. The 99 used to be about the worse one unless it has been improved. The connexs are better hands down, but you do have to have the channels added into them and can be difficult to learn unless you've used a few before. The galaxys should work straight out of the box.