Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what is the best coverage?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mudhog, Oct 3, 2002.

1. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

im looking to get a cell phone and dump my home phone what has the best coverage and the best rates? i want something that i can use when im out in the sticks and not get charged an arm and a leg if thats posible lol

2. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

I just saw an add for one with unlimited minutes and can call from anywhere to anywhere for $100/ month. Forget who it was, but I rarely travel 9out of my area and can't use all the free minutes most give out anyway.

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

The sticks part can be tricky. I've seen different phones work in places where others would not work. That might be a deciding factor. For example my phone worked great in Moab. It even worked part of the time on the Behind the Rocks trail. Other people with us, Thier phones never worked. Even in town.

4. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I had Sprint PCS and it sucked ass. Getting arrested for something you didn't do in BFE and not having service on your cell phone to call for help really sucks. I have AT&T now and I love it. Getting ready to cancel our long distance service so we can just use our AT&T phone for it.

5. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

I travel a lot, and to out of the way places sometimes. Phone service is hit and miss in the boonies, but I've found that AT&T has more coverage overall nationally. I have a plan that covers nationwide with no roaming or long distance charges.

6. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

it actually depends on which company is best in your area.The best way to find out is ask a couple of cell stores that sell more than one phone co.Like best buy or some store in the mall.they can give you the best company wich is usually the most expensive. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

The new line out here (Cali) is a service called T-Mobile. Unlimited weekends!! I'm gonna sign up in about a month /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

8. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

AT&T has the best deals for the coverage. I have it on my cell phone since I travel for work frequently. Believe it or not, I actually had a signal while rafting down the Flathead in Montana on vacation! Too much coverage can be a pain though. My wife was kinds pi$$ed that I was sitting on top of a mountain in Montana making travel arrangements for the week when I got back! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I almost had to sleep in the truck /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

AT&T, agree with Shane..........great coverage, I have 1400 minutes per month for $85...........anywhere in the country (which I know doesn't mean much to you but........).
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

10. mudhog

Frank Shane how is the coverage in say the mt.hood and tsf areas? i want something i can take wheeling or hunting and still be able to use it lol /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

11. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

Just two weeks ago, I went to an authorized AT&T store to get a new phone they were offering me to dump my old one, and the boss talked me into getting a "Siemens" made in Germany and has all the European technology, able to operate on whatever towers are anywhere in the world. I have 500 anytime and 3000 eve/wkend and 1000 anytime between another AT&T user. It's loaded with games, internet service, recorder, stopwatch, etc. Cost was 150 bux with a $50 rebate, and I have long distance across most of the country for $35 a month. Been with AT&T for cell service for 8 years and haven't had a prob yet.

12. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Funny you should ask. Here's a link to an article that was on MSN.com today. I found it very informative. They also rate the companies so you know which ones SUCK!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Phone Company Comparison

13. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

shannon, I know my parents have AT&T and they get coverage clear over about 50 miles east of hood, i would think the TSF direction would be the same, but its something to check into.

14. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I have always had a signal on Mt. Hood. I have never been to TSF /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif so I can't answer that one. Check out their coverage zones on their website. Also, you can family deals and stuff with 2 or more phones sharing the same minutes and all that stuff. There are lots of options out there, but if you want to talk to a very well informed person, give my wife a call. She used to be a member dealer and can stear you in the right direction. PM me if you want our #.

15. mudhog

that would be cool thanks to everyone for the info /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif ill be getting one soon /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif shane when im ready to buy one i will send you a pm for your number /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif