Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What is the best lift for a 91 v3500

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by oldtoyboyd, Jun 7, 2006.

1. oldtoyboyd

oldtoyboyd 1/2 ton status

I just bought a 91 V3500 Crew Cab. I plan on installing 35" tires on it and ^ " lift. What is the best lift for ride and to keep the weight capacity of the truck. I was thinking 6" springs in the front and shackle flips with a zero rate in the rear for 5". Will it be level or anybody have any suggestions.
    Daniel

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

bds spring is the best on hear . and tuff country is #2 in ride and performance.

shackle flip will make it smooth.

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I guess it depends on what you want out of the truck... There is a front spring rate chart in the tech section here to give you an idea of how the ride should compare from brand to brand.

Personally, I was concerned that the 4 door cab might wear out front springs faster than normal so I went with Rough Country. The ride is moderately stiff but nothing that makes my kidneys bleed (it is a truck, right :wink1: ). In the rear I used a 4.5" block to retain the original spring capacity, the truck sits level now (as opposed to nose down).

Custom rear springs are always an option but they're expensive.

Edit: be sure to post specs & pics. :pimp:

4. oldtoyboyd

oldtoyboyd 1/2 ton status

I bought the truck 79Beast had for sale. I have been looking for 1 91 crew cab for a long time. It's a 1991 V3500 crew cab 454/465/205/60/14FF 3.73 gears.
    Daniel

5. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

On my 86 crew cab I have some 4" procomp springs up front that came off my blazer from a very long time ago. I was a little worried about the heavy ass crew cab destroying a set of springs but I already had a set of springs and why buy new springs right? Those springs rode really rough on my blazer but on the crew cab they are pretty nice. Rides kind of rough, but its a truck dammit. For the rear I used a 2 inch block because I wanted to maintain the load carrying capacity. It leveled my truck out perfectly. I was thinking about doing a shackle flip in the rear with air bags so that way they would ride nice and I could pump them up for some load carrying capacity. But I really didnt want to screw too much with what the factory already had back there. Theres one thing I learned from jacking with my blazer,,, its the same thing my dad told me..."manufacturers spend millions of dollars on engineering a vehicle for a specific purpose when you go and buy some hundred dollar part to through on there and jack it up." And when it comes to doing what the crew cabs do best (carrying weight) theres little need to F with what the factory already had figured out. If you still want to be able to tow, haul and be reliable dont go too extreme with the lift and modifications. Probably a 4 inch lift would be as high as I would want to go with 35's. Although I have a 4" and 37's, my 37's have a huge load capacity per tire. They are good just the way it came,,, although,,, like many of you Im sure would agree, it can always look cooler.