Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What is the best motor to replace mine 350

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by keevy, May 1, 2005.

1. keevy

keevy Registered Member

What is the best motor to replace mine Old broke 350 Tbi i want an new one
    Where to buy? Enyone suggestions?

Thanks allot

2. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

MPFI? RamJet502.
    Carb? ZZ572.
    :thumb:

3. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

Edit:might want to try a search... somebody just posted something like this a week and a half ago.

Last edited: May 2, 2005
  4. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

Keevy, you might be better off rebuilding the motor you have. With VAT tax and shipping. I personally would find a diesel if i lived accross the pond, alot better mileage and cheaper fuel costs ;)

I have the name of a guy in sweden that imports GM parts and engines ill find it and post back up when i find it.

DW.... :rolleyes: your becoming my new timmy

5. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

what'd i say?

wasn't trying to be a dick.... seriously tho i thought this thread was the one from a week ago.

that sucks :crazy: :doah: :yikes:

6. keevy

keevy Registered Member

Small crack between 2 cilinders possible for fixing bad for rebuilding other option new engine Goodwrench

7. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

8. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

This guy really does need to learn to use the search button... reposting his own post is just lazy...

Anyway... over there on the other side of the big puddle, I might look to a performance shop to build a fresh motor... I would start in Germany if I was looking for something along the lines of a performance V8 or a diesel... and personally I'd go with the diesel considering gas prices.

9. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

Diesel is more than gas over here. :crazy:

I know i already told mini mull about em but turnkey engine supply makes a number of smog and non smog legal 6.0l and 5.7l motors that are iron or aluminum block with real good power and all they need is a truck to be dropped into. they come with 6 bolt mains, mpfi, over 100 pounds lighter than a sb and even more if you get the ls1, and are completly tuned and turnkey. they even come with their own computer. all you have to do is literally drop it in hook a few things up and enjoy the rumble.

they have a smog legal 4x4 package for an iron block 6.0l with 345 hp and 380 ft lbs. they also have a nonsmog legal iron 6.0l with 392 hp and 426 ft lbs. both motors come with vortec aluminum heads.

http://www.turnkeyenginesupply.com/60iron.html

or you can have something nobody else has and get an ls1(aluminum block, aluminum head) with 390 hp and 420 ft lbs.

http://www.turnkeyenginesupply.com/57390.html

those two motors were more in mini mull's price range but still a good choice.

If i had the money i would get the non smog legal 6.0l with 392 hp and 426 ft lbs or get a beast of a 400 built then add edelbrocks mpfi package.

what kind of money are you looking to spend?

10. PhoenixZorn

those are 'spensive...

11. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

yup.....

for me and you. i know minimull can afford them tho. just thought it'd be cool to have 383 power with 6 bolts mains, mpfi, and a fully tuned turnkey motor. directed more at minimull. sounds cool when you say i got a 367.

just another option.

12. PhoenixZorn

Mini Mull should donate money to me for my truck if she has $6k+ to spend on a new engine. =) I'm so behind because of my truck it isn't even funny.

13. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

I'd be wary of using Turnkey Engine Supply. I've heard some bad things about them in the "Sandrail" community.

14. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha:
    Ha Ha Ha ! Go ahead and give me a hard time, I know I talk about it like I'm doing it tomorrow, but I definately don't have the money right now. My husband is finally graduating school this month and starting work in May. I'll be scraping pennies for anywhere from 6 months to 2 or more years. Depends on how his work goes and how fast I can scrape. Also, if my motor poops out before I've scraped up enough, I'll have to replace it w/stock, so I've got my fingers crossed. I've changed my mind about things so many times though that it's a good thing I'm planning now, because if I'd gone with my first choices, I'd already be disappointed. (I even changed suburbans this weekend.)

15. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

dude... i'm 17 and i already owe 2500 on my truck and thats with the money i got from selling my dirtbike. good thing its my mom that i owe the money to and not the bank. :D :grin: :crazy:

always good to have a plan... screw ups are expensive.

16. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dear god man, I'm free and clear and just turned 18 with two vehicles and no help from the fam...I guess I kinda live at work though...make sure you save enough to invest or go to college or something. (not trying to be a dick, just drawing from my own experiences so far)

17. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

kinda hard to be free and clear when your motor takes a dump on the way to work when your 16 then your dirtbike can't be paid for because you no longer have a way to get to work so you sell your dirtbike for 2700 but you owe your mom 1200 for paying the dirtbike off... then you have 1500 to get a motor right? well i got bit and went with more than i should of... kept the tbi but upgraded like mad and ended up with a mild-hot tbi 355. Actually i owe 1900 but i will be spending another 600 on prominator, labtop, and wideband o2... I should have just went with the stock tbi and drove it around until i had enough to upgrade but instead its as modded as its gonna get and i won't touch it again after i get some better heads on it.

i just got a honda for free too so now i am looking for jobs everywhere.