Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What is the best Sawz-all?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PetaKane, Nov 21, 2002.

1. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

Do those air powered saws compare? How bout corded vs. cordless? I'm about to buy one and it'll need to go through hell and back and still be able to cut.

2. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

Haven't had any problems with my Craftsman 6.5...I cut a floor out of a house with it. THAT was fun!!!

3. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I have a craftsman Professional. It is great. I've cut many exhaust systems out and a few subframes out, too. I use it a lot and it never even hiccups. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I have a milwaukee, so far it's kicked arse. I cut up a bunch of stuff, and use it fairly often, mostly light, but this thing is fairly heavy duty. I couldn't see it failing under any extreme situation.

5. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I got a Dewalt and I like it a lot. I used it to cut up my friends old deck when we tore it out! I personally like the corded ones. Just because I am one who never remembers to charge the battery and of course if I want to use it it'd be dead for me...

6. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Old Milwalkie (sp????)

i have a craftsman i am fairly happy with. but i have used O.M.'s in the past, beaten the living snot out of them dragging them under housing, in addicts, etc. and they are fine. my 1/2" O.M. drill can break wrists.

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Old Milwaukee is beer. Milwaukee is a sawzall. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif </font color>

8. joker89blazer

joker89blazer 1/2 ton status

I use both corded and cordless. My favorite is my dewalt 18 volt. It's not as strong as the corded ones but cords can be very aggravating at times, they are always in my way. If I keep one battery in the charger while working I normally do not run out of power.

9. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

leave it to zakk to mess that one up. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif just messin zakk. lol. later.

jacob

10. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

The best I have seen and used is a Porter Cable Tiger Saw. The blade moves in two directions , in and out and back and forth for faster cutting. Just dont get the quick connect blade, they break if you use them on steel much. I actually have a Milwalkee that is almost 20yrs old and going strong, but would buy a Porter over anything else. Bottom line, if you use it just for your own projects anything will work, if you use it to work with then drop the cash and get a good one with the most amps you can find.

11. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

I have a Makita that never fails me. Three of the most important things with a Sawzall is ;

1) Get the highest Amp output.
    2) Get the longest stroke possible.
    3) Get one with an adjustable foot.

12. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

We have a Milwaukee that my dad uses for work. He's had it for a few years and so far no major problems (head is stripped on the little allen screw that holds the blade, mostly user related) and it gets used quite often. We use it a lot to cut through roofs, sheetmetal, steel, sheetrock and wood. I've even dropped it about 8 foot out of a tree and it didnt hurt it.

13. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Oh yeah, it is a pretty OLD milwaukie... I inherited it...

14. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

The BEST sawzall in the world belongs to your neighbor or friend! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif