Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What is the Best Sites to find Classic Blazers for Sale?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by stephenwsmith, Nov 19, 2002.

I've been trying to buy a 74 Blazer, and looking for finding a site that would tell me what the prices are that they are selling for right now. I'd like to find some benchmark pricing, as well as possibly finding a better buy so I could just buy the truck.

thanks.

stephen

ps. I looked at a very nice 74, rebuilt engine, body, trans, etc.. but the guy is asking $10k.. and I had thought he was around 6-7k... Can anyone help on what the market is? /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

1. BigBadBowTie

BigBadBowTie 1/2 ton status

http://www.collectorcartraderonline.com

Found 34 in the US currently for sale.

try www.cpivalueguide.com for pricing. Will have to pay to see values other than Excellent Condition.
    I used a password that I have and ran the search for '74 for you here is the results

1974 CHEVROLET Blazer 4WD

$5125 Excelent
    $3125 Good
    $1875 Fair

But this isn't an all knowning system. Probably best you'll find on-line. It would be best to get appraised, since there is no true guide for modified vehicles.

Hope This Helps

2. BigBen

BigBen 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I found mine on Collectorcartraderonline last April. It worked out pretty well for me, and the above pricing seems just about right compared to what I paid.

Good luck!

-Ben

3. Hi...

Can you give me an approximate on what you paid?.. The one I am looking at is very clean, but is a rebuild up from an old tub. Specifically rebuilt Mouse 350 engine, trans, front and rear axles..

Interior parts from assorted 1970's/80's blazers (all very nice). I had thought he would sell $6-7k but he is asking $10k..

What it is missing, is a roll cage (just has the roll bar), and it has no soft top....

stephen /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

6. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Hey Stephen...I think $10K is too much for that Blazer. You can buy decent ones for $2-3K pretty much everywhere. It depends if you wanna do some tinkerin' or just buy one already done. Everyone here knows how much you can sink into one in a hurry, so if you don't want to do much work you'll have to pay the big bucks. I wouldn't be too concerned about a cage.....millions of Blazers have been on the road 20 plus years without getting upside down. If it's something you wanna add just get ready to spend more money. Most Blazers with cages already in them are pretty hard core wheelers and that doesn't seem to be what you are looking for. With a '74ish being a psuedo classic it's very hard to determine a "good" price. Just keep looking around and you'll get a feel for it. Check the "For Sale" here also.

7. BigBen

BigBen 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Stephen,

The '74 I bought was in pretty good shape.
    It is a Southern California truck. It had a couple very small rust bubbles in the paint, and I couldn't find any body work that had been done on the truck. It had been repainted in the past, but the paintjob wasn't that great. It had worn carpet, etc... but still pretty good for 28 years old and 127,000 miles. The only significant new part was an offshore front right fender that must have been replaced after some small altercation with import. Underneath it is VERY solid (body/frame) and only has some small spots of surface rust. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Other than that, it was all original. (engine,trans, interior). I mean, ALL the parts were there. They may have been 30 years old, but everything was in-tact. It ran a little rough, but it made it the 500 miles home without any real problems.

The guy was asking $5k for it, which is more than I figured it was worth... but I wanted the "all original" start. Hey, anything that's going to be wrong on this truck, I want to screw up!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I want to do what will mostly be a restoration that can wheel. I also got emotional since it was a twin to the K5 I grew up with. So, I made him an offer of 4 and we settled somewhere in the middle.

I don't think the truck you are looking at is worth $10k, unless it is **MINT**. He's probably trying to recoup a lot of what he put into it, which NEVER happens. Just ask the guys on this site!

And if it's a NJ truck, take a VERY close look at the body and sheetmetal. I'm from Michigan and the '70s Blazers almost NEVER survive without the "cancer" in that environment.

I perused the collector car trader sites for 2 years to find just the truck I wanted and to get a feel for the pricing. I suggest you take your time and find the right truck for the right price. There are too many of them out there to jump at one unless you're sure.

Good luck to you,

-Ben

8. Thanks..

Bottom line I can wait. . the truck is from Texas, and owned by a mechanic.. send me your email, and I will send you the pics... bottom line, it is very clean and worth 7-8k

stephen /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    bottom line, it is very clean and worth 7-8k

[/ QUOTE ] Offer him 7 and go from there.

10. Boggeddown

Boggeddown Registered Member

Try www.boyceequipment.com they have a lot of military surplus K5's with minimal miles, and relatively good shape. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif