Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what is the bulb size

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by corradofreek, Dec 13, 2004.

1. corradofreek

corradofreek 1/2 ton status

for the dash lights on a 90 blazer? i don't wanna take it apart to find out then order/ find the size. could someone gimmie a heads up on this so i can have them for when i do this

2. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

I don't know if 90 has the same dash as my 88, but there were about 10, 194 bulbs in mine.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I don't believe all of them are the same size to tell you the truth. Well, same size, but different watts.

Of course, don't know which is which, but things like E-brake warning light may be like 1 watt more than the other lights that are there just to provide light to the cluster in general.

4. corradofreek

well if they are 194s, i'm gonna try leds in there to see if they are brighter

5. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

What I have noticed with LED's is that they are brighter in the spot that the bulb is located, but the light does not disperse evenly, so you get a brighter spot around the Led, but dimmer as you get away from the bulb. I have never tried it in a cluster before though, it would be interesting to see how they work, I'd love to make mine a little brighter.

6. trikstark5

trikstark5 1/2 ton status

There are 3 different bulbs that you could have. It is one of the 3. The bulb numbers are: 194, 894, 896. The 894 you can get in color.

7. corradofreek

i'm gonna try the LEDs and i'll post some pics when i do it. i do alot of night driving, so anything is an improvment