Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what is the longest time....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k5redneck, Aug 28, 2004.

1. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

u have worked on your rig at once. im talkn like hours in one day. the only reason i ask is to see if i am still somewhat sane /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif, because in the past month or so my and supersize75(aka shawn) have done full nighters /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif. starting at like 7:30pm and finshing what we were doing at like 8am. i love working on my k5truggy but is it wrong to pull allnighters just for fun?

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Went into the shop at 9pm or so and came out at 6am with some tubedoors once

3. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

nice!

the first allnighter, me and supersize slaped most of my 75 together.

4. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have worked on my truck from first thing in the morning until I couldn't see no more, and when I had the garage, usually until 11pm or so.

5. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

The longest I've done is a 6pm to 9am once. Pulled the motor out of my pickup, pulled the motor out of my blazer, and then installed the motor from the pickup into the blazer. The only thing we missed was the vacuum modulator line. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Me and Jay started on the transfercase around 330 pm and by the time we were done being sidetracked with talking to Marv etc. and went back to work we didn't get done til after 9 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I also remember being your age and taking all day replacing the whole rearend in my 76 Chevelle in a fry's parking lot . And for all nighters , I used to build many a motor and vehicles all night with TJ /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif I ache and hurt more as I age but it didn't do any permanent damage pulling all nighters , your a big boy you'll live

BTW thats one of the reasons I went home early , I could of jumped in easily and never left and then today I would of been tired /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

When I helped (when I say helped I mean I did all the work) my buddy put a body lift on his Z71, we started at like 5:30 in the afternoon and left at 4:30 in the morning. To top that off, we only got the cab done! Once it gets dark, you lose all track of time /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

8. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

Me and a friend started working on his truck one afternoon and I'm not sure when we were "finished", I fell asleep on an old bench seat and he fell asleep under his truck, with his arm in the air on a ratchet tightening up tranny bolts. He woke up when he dropped the ratchet that he was holding and it knocked him in the head /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

If you want to see long hours of wrenching, then join a professional race car team. When I worked for an NHRA Top Fuel Funny Car team, we would wake up at 7:00 AM and have a team meeting over breakfast. Then be out at the track by 9:00 AM. If we went all the way to the final round on Sunday, we would not be done until 1 or 2 AM in the morning.

10. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

started at 2pm worked on truck and made tube bumper and primed left shop at 11 pm /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

11. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

[ QUOTE ]
    Me and a friend started working on his truck one afternoon and I'm not sure when we were "finished", I fell asleep on an old bench seat and he fell asleep under his truck, with his arm in the air on a ratchet tightening up tranny bolts. He woke up when he dropped the ratchet that he was holding and it knocked him in the head /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

after a night of wrenching david "k5redneck" fell asleep in my driveway...the newpaper delivery guy threw one at him a 5 am and woke him up /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

I got a report back from the neighbors today...no one heard a darn thing after 11pm /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

I remember hammering untill 3 am and a grinder at 5:30...seems are houses are just far enough I guess, or the garage holds it in /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

The old lady across the street made me cookies again tonight so she didn't hear anything too....maby she is trying to poison me or come on to me /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

13. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

I've gone from 8 in the morning to 9 at night more than a few times. Also been a few times I've worked into the wee hours of the moring. Not quite as bad as Shawn though.

14. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

for my lift I started at 9 in the morning and only took a brief break for lunch and finished up by 11pm....no air tools SUX!!!

15. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

i pushed a stock 71 blazer with no motor or tranny into my garage, and drove it out 32 hours later with a 14 bolt with disks, dana 44, 6 inch lift, sm465, np208 and a 350, i had 2 friends werkin with me, and we only stopped to go to wendys a few times /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

16. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

you guys are a bunch of rookies! about a month ago i went to a friend's house to help her work on her race car... 4:00pm on Friday... when we finally got done... 3:00am on Sunday.

a couple years back i started with a bare block and my C10 on a Thursday night, and was determined to race it on Saturday. worked on it all night Thursday, all day and night on Friday, and up until 11:00 Saturday morning. things take longer when you're working alone. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

17. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

pulled an all nighter on the blazer about a year ago...drove home from college 5 hours, stopped for dinner on the way, got back around 8 or 9, started working on it, finished up around 8am....was so set on getting it done i didnt stop to eat or anything...and i didnt even get it fixed..

18. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i remember starting working at like 6pm wednesday night and getting done at 6am thrusday morning.

19. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Last all nighter I pulled was a trail repair... Started wheeling around noon on Sunday, someone broke an axleshaft around 2pm and by the time we found the right axleshaft to fix it and got it off the trail and back to camp it was around 7am Monday morning. I think I was the only one that didnt get any sleep that night though...

20. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

time flies when your having fun or pissed and determined to finnish.the longest on this truck was when i first bought it,i always change oil and everything else that most people don't take care of.so my bud bill let me use his AMOCO station's garage.(it's at 9 mile and evergreen for the local guys who may think i'm FOS) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif anyway i got there around 9:00 PM and didn't finnish until a little after3:00 AM. it's a full service garage so i had a hoist and air tools. so i ended up changing the shocks,ball joints,oil,brakes,etc. did i mention they had alot of parts right there. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif bill is so cool. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif