Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What is the proper cover on the inside of a tailgate on 74?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by stephenwsmith, Nov 17, 2002.

The 74 I am buying has no cover on the inside of the tailgate?.. Is there a door panel, like cover over the inside of the rear tailgate, and any idea where one might get one? /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

1. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

It was just exposed steel. No trim pannel like the doors. The late 80's Burbs sometimes had a pannel with a carpeted insert that may work with some modification.

2. It has sort of two large holes and one smaller one , I could send 2 pictures I have, but dont know how to upload them? But I could send them to you?...

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

It doesn't look like this does it? Somewhat bad pic, hope you get the idea though.

4. You have a metal plate over the center... I have three holes.. two large square ones, and a smaller one lower down.. It looks like you have a center panel that goes over ll of that?

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Nice pics btw, sent you a pm.

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Ohhh your missing the access cover to the regulator. Should be the same 73-91. I think all talgates are Identical on the K5's.

7. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

So, Stephen, did you end up buying the Blazer? If so, welcome to the.......ahh.....ahhh....fun yeah fun! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif