Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What is the Superlift front shaft spacer?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Feb 22, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

What is this thing? I am considering either a 6" superlift or a 4" and with the 6" there is the option of this $40 front driveshaft spacer. Anyone have pictures of one or can really explain what the heck it is and where it mounts? Also would I need long brake lines for 6" kit?

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

dont know about the spacer, but yes on the new lines, i needed em for a 4"

3. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

That spacer is a round chunk of metal that makes your front drive shaft longer. It bolts between the flange of the CV on the drive shaft and the flange on the front of the T-case.

4. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

alright thanks, where is the best place to get a full set of stainless braided lines? I saw them somewhere for like $87, I think it was 4wheel parts.

6. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Do NOT buy Superlift extended SS braided brake line. I repeat DO NOT!!!.

I bought them for my truck and the failed. The blew apart at the upper fitting on the front lines. I went threw a red light at 30 MPH because they failed. Lucky for me the light was about to change and it was 12:30 AM otherwise I might be seriously hurt or DEAD.

Find the Napa part number for the rubber extended lines, or buy ProComp. But Please for your own safety DO NOT buy the Superlift lines.

Harley

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I was talking about Procomps, thats what I am gonna get.

8. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Good. I can't tell people to stay away from Superlift lines enough. I will never own a set of them again and never recommend them. I switched to the Napa extended rubber lines and never looked back.

What made it worse for me when the Superlift line blew was I don't have an ebrake because of the 14bff install from last summer. So I was a 5500 lb rolling missle with no brakes at all. I got slowed down enough to stop because I am running 4.56 gears and 32" tires. I downshifted the tranny into 1st gear, and it caught gears down to first and slowed me down via the gear and torque converter.