Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What is the world coming to. Home invasion

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SF87K5, Jun 1, 2003.

1. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

When you have idiots breaking into peoples places. This is SF87K5's Wife he told me to rant away LOL. We went out today to run around and came home to find our door was bashed in and the house ransaked and lots of stuff taken (all broad daylight), they did not take real big stuff since that would look suspious I figure. The part that upset me the most was not only were we violated but they also took our camcorder with irreplacable video footage of our 10 month old son and a camera with pics on it. They also took Dannys Glock gun, jewlery, tools, DVD player, DVD's, CD's. Can you believe they even went through all my sons stuff and even took his big diaper bag but left all the stuff in it for us. I just can not believe all of this and neighbors heard nothing. There was one witness that had a good desription but that was really all and he did see them carrying things out. I am just so sick to my stomach with all of this with never having been broken into and Danny talking to insurance right now. I hope to not find these people. Okay just had to vent. Thanks
    Dannys Wife Leslie

2. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Re: What is the world coming to.

losers like that always get theirs in the end. I hope they get caught....by someone thats home and a gun owner.

3. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Time for the Special Forces to go hunting /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

man thats horrible! so sorry to hear that! do you have an alarm? looks like its a good time to put one in if not already! cant beileve someone would just do that right in plain day light!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

5. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Yeh, been there , had that done. My wifes mothers class ring, irreplacable. Nothing major, but its the little things that killed us. Hope you don't have Farmers. Took them 4 days before they even returned my 1st phone call. Hope you catch 'em.

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

that sucks i hope they catch the fawkers /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif thieves rank right up there with murderers and rapists to me /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif we need to go back to the olden days to where when you stole a persons horse you got hung. you stole someones possessions you got your hands cut off /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

7. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

that's shitty!!! but make sure you report that gun missing...no telling what people these days will do... and then you or the hubby gets blamed because its registered to you....we were also broken into once, broad daylight also... did more of making a mess than anything, drank my sunny delight, stole the coke, left the beer... what the heck? they need to at least get their priorities straight

8. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the support everyone. This is Danny, I have reported the gun and I just got off the phone with USAA. They took over $15,000 in stuff, they even took my fathers day present. Which was a 4 piece DeWalt 18volt cordless set that was from my 10 month old baby boy. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif They also took some of my wifes jewlery that her mom got her from italy and a diamond tennis braclet I got her from Ireland. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif The adjuster is going to call back in 1-2 buisness days and we should hopfully find out how much and when we can replace it all.
    Well it looks like the work on my 79 & 87 K5 is put off till we get the rest of this resolved. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Once again thanks everyone.

Big Pappa you know that is going to happen when we locate them hehehe /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

We where just looking for something to eat in are pantry. Can you believe those c*ck suckers even stole some food from us. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

10. chosen(1)

chosen(1) 1/2 ton status

several years ago our house was broken into. It wasn't until a week later, when I went to make some pop-tarts, that I realized they took the toaster.

11. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

some people tried to break into my dads shop once but they didnt make it. I realy hate people who are too lazy to make a living like the rest of us and instead steal form the hardworking folk, and the worst part its seem to be people who cant afford to be broken into that get broken into /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

12. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

That freakin sucks!!! Glad everyone is ok tho. Be careful for a few days.

13. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

That's sucks...my dad's house and storage were broken into...what a crappy thing to do. Same thing with cars, my stereo got stolen, put an alarm and window on it later that morning, they came the next night for the truck. Thank God I had the alarm... they heard the thing chirp and left, didn't even get the door open. Seriously, if I were you, I'd be making a call to Brinks. USAA is really good to deal with, they're based here in town. I hope everything works out, and I hope they catch the turds that did it! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

14. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just wait till you get a notice saying that the guy that robbed you is sueing you because he got a splinter from your front door /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

15. BEHJR

BEHJR 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gifUnfortunately, many of these burglaries occur in the daytime, because someone is watching and knows the schedule you keep. Many daytime breakins are construction workers nearby that can easily watch your house, know when the cars are not there, can watch you leave, know what your schedule is, etc. If there is construction around, ie; new houses, road work, remodeling, etc, not a bad place to start to look. This is certainly not a slam at all on the construction business and those involved in it, just a fact of life. As a former law enforcement type, I have seen it too many time. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

16. bigmack

bigmack 1/2 ton status

That sucks, believe me I know how you feel. I had never had anything stolen from me before in my life until about 2 years ago. I came home from work to find our house had been broken in to. Just like you, it happened right in the middle of the day. They got about 8-10 guns of mine, my wifes jewelry box (with most of her jewelry in it), and a bottle of cologne. I guess they didn't want stuff like the TV, VCR, computer, etc. You could tell they went thru every drawer in the house, stuff was scattered everywhere and the house was a mess. We didn't have an alarm then, but we do now. I would have really liked to introduced that sorry waste of life to my little friend (.357 magnum that goes everywhere I do). Keep your chin up, and your eyes open. What goes around comes around. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

17. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Danny...that SUCKS!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

At least you and your family are ok. That is all that matters, possesions are replaceable, lives are not.

18. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Thanks for all your support. I talked to a MP friend of mine and he said he bet its teenagers or college kids. With most everyone deployed they do this.
    I wish we could put a alarm in but we live in an apartment. What sucked is we are the first ones to be robbed here. The complex has been here for 4-5 years also.
    Well like I said thanks everyone.

Ben, you are right possesions are replaceable, lives are not.

19. rigdonhome

rigdonhome 1/2 ton status

One good thing about being 'Between Jobs' is that I can carry the .45 with me all the time, and rarely leave the Wife and Boy alone. Can't stay 'Between Jobs' forever though. It would be pretty tough for someone to judge when I'm going to be home and when I'm not, thus when they would have to eat a HydraShok to get my Watch and when it would be 'Free'... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

On another note, 'They' don't always get away with it... I had a buddy whose shop kept getting broken into, so he and a few other buddies slept there for a week to catch the Boogalers. Not only caught them but held them at gunpoint for about 4 hours before calling the police. Made them lay on the floor and drew various chalk outlines around them, taped them up and put them in the trunk of the car for an hour, etc. Made them think real hard about breaking into a dark shop late at night ever again. Boy were they glad to see the Police!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Glad all you lost was Stuff, although I know some Stuff can't be replaced!