Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what is the worst thing youve been through ??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by boggerless, Feb 3, 2006.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i've been in jail.lost the love one of my life,lost my MOM (at least she was asleep),lost my best friend(heroin over dose), my dogs died,BUT yesterday was the worst. i'm sure you have all heard the ford and gm are closing plants. well i live in the detroit area and it all trickles down.work is slow cuz of that and winter.i'm trying to refinance the house BUT cuz i was laid off last winter(it was supposed to be 6 weeks and ended up being three months).:rolleyes: anyway that knocked my credit score from a AA to a B.:mad: so i went from getting money at closing to having to pay at closing.this i hear at 5P.M. on the same day i hear that DTE(our gas and electric company in wayne county) wants to join the bills together and i need $150.00 to do it.why i don't know.plus i have already wasted 5 vacation days trying to get the crib ready.so i come home feeling beat up and the wife is mad about something. and i see my little man playing on the computer,mom gives him a little candy and mom and i sorta argue.THEN i see my little guy looking scared.:confused: he was chocking on the candy:eek1: :eek1: :eek1: we had to do the squeeze and lift remover,he pucked and i was very happy.i had that visual in my head for days.my little guy could not breath.and i swear i was crying after he was cool.all the financial crap went away when i saw my bestest little man dying.:( MAN i was scared.

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

man that is rough, scary how fast something can happen, always need to watch diesel, never know what hell have in there, water botle cap, coins, what ever!

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I have had to use that on 3 different children and if I hadn't have been there nobody else would have been able too, and yeah it'll probably flash through your head for a few days, but hey you were there for him dood, nothing else matters...

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

WOW,three times brother? you are the MAN!it was a little scary FUMES. you are prolly an expert now.:D AUDRIC is my whole world now.we wrestle and talk about trucks.he's gonna be 5 feb 13th.you are cool DOOD.:laugh:

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Watching the doctors administer 'Narcan' to my youngest daughter when she was born. The anesthitist pooched up my wife's epidural and Vanessa was born OD'd. Took them a little while to get her breathing...:eek1:

The thing that made it very tough was that there was nothing I could do but watch and pray. At least it turned out OK, and she doesn't seem to have any lasting affects from it.

Rene

6. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Damn, dood! I'll bet that was scary! Good thing you knew what to do and had a good outcome.

The only time I ever saved anyone from choking, my ex AH and I were at my mom's house for dinner and he choked on a piece of steak. I asked if he could breathe and he shook his head "no", so I told him to stand up and did the manuever on him and that chunk of steak went flying.:eek1:

When we broke up, I asked him if he remembered choking on that piece of meat at my mom's house? He said "yes" and I said... I should have let you choke :whistle:

7. freeflow

freeflow 1/2 ton status

glad 2 hear everything is ok, quick thinking

I skipped school and tried jumping my bike off a picnic table a few years ago- well i messed up big time, landed on my face, passed out, ended up taking a helicopter ride and spending 2 days strapped in a bed not being able 2 move, but everything came out fine. - dont skip school lol

brad

8. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Wow! boggerless your the man!
    I think about that now and again what if somethng happened to one of my kids and how sad i'd be, their great little kids and deserve more than I could ever give them, It depreses me to think about that, I can't even imagine life without my 4 kids.

the worst Ive ever done?? hmmm... Probably when I crashed on my Mtn bike riding down little cottonwood canyon, 11 days before I married Melinda, her whole family came to watch me race up the canyon, and then followed me down, Mother in law was driving, she later told me that I was puling away from them, and they were doing better than 60, I vaguely remember not being able to hold it in the curve and flipping backwards off the bike to avoid the canyon wall on one side and the cars and a possible 250 foot fall off the other side, so I bailed. all busted up and bleeding ambulance ride down to the neaest hospital and then going into shock that evening and watching everything fade to black, that still haunts me to this day and it was over twelve years ago, just happy to be on the planet!:rolleyes:

9. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Man, glad you were there and could do something about it!
    It really makes you think of what REALLY matters when it comes down to it.
    The Detroit stuff really sucks. That's why I split to the mountains back in the
    early 80's. The auto industry was having trouble and even though I didn't do anything related to them,
    I was out of work for 6 months and had nothing. Pissed me off.
    I couldn't even get a job at McDonalds (they said I was over qualified!).
    We were living on food stamps, my wife was expecting and I was
    smoking the cig butts out of the ashtray because I couldn't afford a pack of smokes.
    I hate to say it but IMO, get the hell out of there. It's got a long way to go down before it will go back up.
    I have a bunch of buds back there but I couldn't be happier that I split when I did.
    Now things are a hell of a lot better for me and my family.
    If not, I wish you the best and hope things turn around for you and your family.
    Thank god your son is OK "That's what counts" :waytogo:

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

had a bunch of long un-smooth metal instruments rammed up my penis with no anesthetic once...

j

11. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

The abortion of my would have been daughter... will never be over it.

12. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

man rene that made my heart sink.

something like that is the worst because you can literly do nothing but worry and hope.

i remember I was going to cut the cord on Diesel ( with my spyderco :) ) but he endded up with the cord over his sholder and came out quite purpul, so the midwife had to do it fast and rush him over to the O2, but he was fine in no time, and id the toughest little kid ever:D

13. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm going thru the worst of my life right now with the divorce proceedings with the soon-to-be-ex-wife. Looking forward to getting over with it and moving on for good.

A few weeks ago, I put my male dalmatian down due to severe arthritis in his hips. He was 3 days shy of his 11th b-day. Best damn dog I ever had.

Back in high school when I was a senior, my grandfather passed away to cancer at old age. He was the only grandparent that actually cared or loved anyone in his family. My 2 year old son is named after him.

Those are the only 3 hardest things I've gone thru so far in my 35 years of life. Hope the things that will be hard in the future come much later.

14. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Daryl - PM Sent..

As for the worst thing I've ever gone through, I have a few that would be tied for first place..

When I was 18, a close friend shot himself in the head, and his dad found the body.. we looked at mike as the "alpha dog" of our group, and really thought he was superman.. he got all the chicks, got his black belt in Karate before anyone else, etc... he did himself in because his fiance' dumped him.. he was italian, so that whole family honor thing played a big part in what drove him to do lots of things, this included.

Anyway, his family was shattered, none of us were the same, and I learned right then and there how people can disappoint us. What pissed me off the most was, that he never gave us the chance to talk him out of it. I really hate how those left behind by a suicide assume so much guilt that they shouldn't.. if a person decides he's better off dead, he's not gonna be stopped. Oh, and I also hate cowards too.

Next up would be the group category of Women Who Didn't Work Out.. not gonna bore everyone with this, just would like to say that they all taught me something, and i'm happy I married who I married.

When I was 23, my mom died of lung cancer, 4 months after being diagnosed. At least we all got to be there when she died. I also got to say what needed saying before she checked out, so I can be at peace with that.. my bigger problem was that she opted to not continue her radiation treatments, because they were " uncomfortable".. glad you thought getting well and returning home wasn't worth the effort, ma.. did I mention I hate cowards?

most recent worst was in 2000 - my wife Lisa was drivng my old pickup, (87 S10 4x4), and she gets tagged hard in a chain reaction while she's at a dead stop.. I get this call from my dad, who's already at the hospital..I bust it down there ( in the 84 K5), walk into the ER, and I stiff arm some dude who wanted to know where I was going.. I was in full on rage mode, I find her on a gurney with one of those orange head restraints on. I calmed down when I realized she was in a better mood than I was, lol.. the first thing I did was pray over her, and y'know what, there was no damage to her whatsoever..

the guy that hit her from behind hit her hard enough that her head blew out the back window, and her body made an outward indentation in the rear cab wall.. My dog was with her, and he was fine. ( he was laying down on the seat).

I checked the truck out later and found that the rear leaves were bent up and over, the 'glass stepside bed was broken all over, leaving it pretty much useless.

Now, normally this would be bad enough, but I had just lost a 5 figure fee that same week in my recruiting business, and the year already was sucking pretty bad. My other worry was that lisas fledgling detail biz would suffer because what if she was disabled, etc..

Lots of sleeples nights and anxiety over all this stuff. ( and more)

So, I know I'm not special.. bad things happen to everyone..My way of coping has really been to help others get through their crap. My nature is to be stoic and consistent in all things, which my people have come to rely on.

I've also learned to not feel sorry for myself or other people. Our lives are a product of choices we make, and it's also true that we all do what we want, and get what we deserve.

I like what winston churchill said.." I choose to be an optimist - it doesn't seem much use to be anything else".

Oh yah.. and a certain toolbox I have helps maintain the positive attitude too.

Tom

15. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Well one of the top things on my list is one of my little brothers Robby Died of cancer 2 months before his 8th birthday.

But the worst time was probably from the day Robby started having pains in his back, and it just wouldn't stop. We took him into the hospital and he was diagnosed with cancer. He had 2 brain tumors, and 2 in his back/spinal cord. It was the worst year and a half of my life, knowing that only a miracle could help. I did what I could shaving my head for the entire time he had radiation treatment, and playing video games etc. Brothers have a bond unlike any other, and when I lost him its like I lost apart of myself. I miss him everyday of my life

16. gauder

gauder Banned

Bad car accident. Seatbelt broke 5 ribs, steering wheel broke both orbits, cheek bones, nose, knocked 4 front teeth out, shattered part of my upper jaw, broke lower jaw, lots of messed up cuts on my face, almost lost my right eye. Also damged some of the little bones in my ears, so now my hearing isn't so good. Lots of cuts to the face. 2 years worth of reconstructive surgeries, lots of metal and wires and now you can barely tell unless you're looking for it.

17. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Lost my Dad fifteen years ago, Mom six years ago............

Hey Bogs, things will improve, just the tides of life, keep yer head up and yer a$$ down.

18. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Just don't keep yer head up yer a$$...;)

19. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

My first was seeing the state trooper and coroner at the door telling me my brother had been killed in a car accident. I had just driven by the spot, but it was raining so hard I could not see the jeep. I was home on leave for about 1 hour, I had to go and tell my mom about it. Rough.
    Second, was finding out a good friend and aircrewman had drowned in a aviation mishap. I learned that memorial services suck as bad a funerals.
    Third was the dr telling my wife and I that our daughter had a heart murmur at 3yo, and she may have problems her whole life. Another rough time. She was later given a clean bill of health.:bow:
    Lastly was my wife having a seizure, stop breathing and finding out later that she had been hiding the seizures from me for four years. She was diagnosed with epilepsy at age 26.

Anything drastic that happens to someone you love really sucks. It all happens for a reason, my wife, daughter and I are closer that anything I could ever imagine. I dont take life for granted anymore, and I appreciate everything now, down to the stupidest thing my dog does. I try and smile and think, it could always be worst.:D

20. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Well isn't this a cheery thread..........:yikes: :frown1:

I guess I'm lucky, because I really don't have ANY stories of woe or misfortune to share. I guess I kinda have one- my dad died when I was less than a year old, and I never got a chance to meet him. He's buried in New Jersey, and one of these days I'd like to make it back to see his grave and say hello for the first time.

Other than that, things have been good, no matter how hard I tried to fock them up when I was younger.

To all those who have gone through or a currently experiecing troubled times, my heart goes out to you. If you ever need to talk, the Brotherhood is here. And if you would prefer a little one-on-one, my PM inbox is always open.