Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What is there to do in Pittsburg, PA?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mofugly13, May 18, 2006.

1. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

My shop might send me to Pittsburg in mid-June for two weeks of learnin'. Is there anything exciting about that town? Cool historical 'must see's'? The farthest East I've ever ben is El Paso.

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Good question. Never here anything about Pittsburg other than the Steelers and steel mills. Must be pretty dead.

3. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

there is a website with listings for strip clubs. I'm not sure how current it is. I'll send you a pm if you want it.

4. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yinz needtaeet at Primanti Brothers (Note:it is pronounced Pumani in Pittsburghese).
    Primanti Bros

5. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Bring a good road atlas to find your way around..it's a beotch, even for the natives.

ditto on the primanti brothers, the strip district has some good nightlife activity.

There's a retail and restaraunt mecca on the banks of the monongahela river, built on the site of the old homestead steel works.. I can't recall the name of the place, but if you ask one or two people, they'll point you to it.

If you are into this kind of thing, the zoo is a treat, as is the carnegie science center.. they've got a HUGE model train layout there. The duquense incline is pretty cool, and if you have most of a day free, go to kennywood amusement park. It's very close.

I have fun there.. as long as I don't tell anyone I'm a browns fan.

Tom

6. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Pittsburh is a pretty sweet city....

Another vote here for Primanti Bros!! There is one down in the Strip District. Also there is tons of stuff to do around there. Alot of shopping malls, areas.. Take a tour of Heinz.. check out a site like cityserach.com and it should come up with alot of things to keep you busy...

7. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Ok, I just saw that you're from San Fran.. P-burgh definately doesn't compare to SF.. But it is still a cool city with some decent things to do! :thumb:

8. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Three words:

Iron City Beer

9. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

eww.. where's the barf smiley when I need it?

Rolling Rock is the real PA beer. At least until anheuser - busch screws it up. :D

Tom

10. dwoods

dwoods 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You have to try Primanti Brothers. They have a few places around the city with the orginal place in the Dtrip district. Also visit the Church Brew Works on Liberty Ave . It is a old Roman Catholic Church converted in to a brewery and restaurant. The Pipe organ pale ale is great . At night the strip district is the place to be.

11. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

I'll take Iron City over Rolling Rock any day.

12. dwoods

dwoods 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Iron City closed down DuBois Brewing Company here in DuBois. So I hate Iron City. Besides the best beer in the burgh is from Penn and Church Brew Works. Also Pittsburgh Mills is one of the largest malls (haven't been there yet opened last year).. Also Cabela"s has a store in Wheeling West Va. (takes about a hour to get there form Pittsburgh).