Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What? is there two horns

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Curtis2kul, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Curtis2kul

Curtis2kul Registered Member

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
    ok, when i turn my truck off the horn keeps blowing, so i just diconected the horn wire from the horn. it stoped it for about 3 days, today when i got home from school it did it agian, is there two horns or something? OR How can the horn still blow if there is no power wire to it? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

most trucks have a high tone and low tone horn, did it sound different the second time? strange, never heard of a horn blowing when you shut it off.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

sounds like the wire in the steering column is constantly grounded, pull the horn button off(easily removed) and look plug one horn back in(yes most have 2).

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

alot of the trucks have two horns, especially 81-up, sounds like contact problem at top of column at or just under steering wheel hub

5. Curtis2kul

Curtis2kul Registered Member

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
    ok, i just unhooked the wires to the horn(s) (i have a dixie horn /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif) Now will that run my battery down, even if it doesnt have a load(the horn)?

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    ok, i just unhooked the wires to the horn(s) (i have a dixie horn /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif) Now will that run my battery down, even if it doesnt have a load(the horn)?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. If there isn't a complete circuit, it can't run your battery down. You pulled the plug, so no more complete circuit.