Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What is this part?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by renny, Oct 10, 2004.

1. renny

renny Registered Member

On my vacuum diagram label its called a tip in solenoid it mounts to the firewall on my 1985 K5 and has a vacuum hose going in one side and two wires coming out the other side.
    My Haynes manual doesn't mention anything about it. Thanks in advance.
    Ren

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

sounds like the vacuum sensor for the old E.S.C. (Electronic Spark Control) ignition system. This replaced the vacumm advance.

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

If you have two , one on each side of the truck . The one on the drivers side is for the lockup on the trans , and I believe the other one is like Henry said /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

Can the one for the lockup be disconnected? I am using a holley projection so most of the vacuum came out. can I connect the tranny lockup to the intake vacuum or to something else?

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

The vacuum source for the switch can come from any manifold vacuum source, but if you are running the 700, you need to leave that switch functional, if thats what you were asking.