Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What is this stuff falling?????

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by Bigmeats, Feb 14, 2003.

1. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

Bout darn time, it looks like we may actually be getting some SNOW. I was getting tired of seeing the Blazer hooked to the plow and not making any "snap" Pray for 6in and very windy. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    What is this stuff falling?????

[/ QUOTE ]

Beats the hell outta me, i've never seen anything like it. Just because it's the cool thing to do, the wife and I went out and bought 75% off sleds at Galayans and are going to see if the stuff's slick or not. Will write back with that report!

Btw, do you make money with your plow? I didn't figure everyone had them to plow their own driveway...who do you plow for?

3. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

First let me welcome you also to boring Il........lol

I do make money plowing. I have some accounts, driveways and a condo complex I plow whenever it snows. I leave in a rural town so when it snows we get lots of drifts witch = big $$$$$$. I whore my self out buy knocking on door after door to see if they want me to plow. Last year on average beside my steady accounts when we would get some good snow I was making around a grand a day plowing driveways. I don&amp;#8217;t get greedy, most charge 50 to 60 dollars to plow a drive, and I&amp;#8217;m usually around $25 to 35. I found I got way more money charging less per drive, Most people will shovel them selves or wait for the neighbor kid to come along before paying the higher price.

Hope ya had some fun on the sleds!!!

Boy 0 Boy plowing is ruff on U-joints had to replace 2 today they started to sing to me taptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptap. Nothing like laying under the Blazer with 100 pounds of snow melting and dripping on you. needed three joints but only had 2 looks like ill be droping the front shaft again soon

Bigmeats.....Manhattan Il