Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What is this world coming to???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NoAngel, Jul 17, 2002.

1. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Man arrested for burning kitten on grill
    July 17, 2002 Posted: 5:15 AM EDT (0915 GMT)

LIBERTY, Missouri (AP) -- A man was arrested Tuesday for allegedly burning a kitten on a barbecue grill as several other people stood around and watched in amusement.

A witness pulled the scorched, 7-week-old tabby from the hot coals, but it was severely injured and had to be put to death, police said.

"They kept saying, `Meow, meow,' and they were poking at it with a stick," said Sherry Scott, who burned her hand grabbing the kitten.
    Charles C. Benoit, 24, was charged with animal abuse, punishable by up to five years in prison and a $5,000 fine. He was jailed on $10,000 bail.

Jim Roberts, spokesman for the Clay County prosecutor's office, said he does not expect anyone else to be charged, because no witnesses could identify the others.

Scott said that on Friday night, she saw 10 or 12 people at the barbecue grill in the courtyard of the apartment complex where she lives. Scott said she asked what they were cooking, and they said it was a cat. She said the group taunted her, daring her to rescue the cat.

She said the group scattered when she threatened to call police. She said she pulled the kitten from where it had been shoved into the coals at the back of the grill. Its tail, whiskers, fur, eyes and throat were scorched.
    "I called him Lucky because I thought I got him out of there just in time," she said.

Scott said she and other residents stayed up Friday night trying to nurse the kitten with an eye dropper of milk. But animal control officers decided that because of its respiratory injuries and inability to swallow food, it had to be destroyed.
    "If you would have seen him, you would have cried," said Sheri Simpson, one of the residents who helped care for the kitten

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I saw that. It really makes me sick....seriously...I'm sick to my stomach. I really would like to give this guy a good ass kicking and then throw him on a grill /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I can't understand how anyone could enjoy torchering a defenceless animal such as a kitten. It honestly brings tears to my eyes. I hope they give that bassassturd the max plus some !!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

4. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I think maybe he should be BBQed

5. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

I can't believe they haven't pressed charges on the people standing by cheering him on!

6. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

from what I understand, they couldn't identify the others. But, the person who saved the kitten is getting threats from them, so I bet they'll get caught...I hope so anyway...

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/icons/frown.gif

8. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

there are some sickos in this world, i can only hope he falls into a campfire and his friends stand around and cheer instead of helping him out

9. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Makes ya sick doesn't it? Sicko's! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif Animal cruelty pisses me off! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

When I was a teen, my cousin and I came across these kids that were putting firecrackers in some kittens butts and lighting them off. My cousin got so pissed off that he grabbed on of the kids and stuck a firecracker in his nostril and lit it! Blew a big chunk out of the kids nose! I wrestled the other kid to the ground and stuck some down the back of his pants and lit them off! I remember yelling "HOW DOES YOUR ASS FEEL NOW...REAL F'N FUNNY HUH"?? We were like 14 years old and we had no common sense....we shoulda called the cops, but by then all the kittens would have been dead. We each got 2 years probation, 100 hrs community service and had to pay $3000 restitution to each of the kids. The kids got what amounted to a wrist slapping and a I never want to hear of you doing this again speech. When the judge asked me if I would do it again I said "yes sir, I would, it's not like the kittens could save themselves". Our parents were SOOO pissed becasue they had to pay $3000 to the kids parents (which was promptly deducted in flesh off our @ss!). I'd still do it again though. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

10. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I saw that. The more I think about it, the angrier I get. Usually these sadistic
    "people" start with defenseless little animils, then work their way up the food chain.

There's a whole lotta stupid breakin' out!!!!!!

11. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

As every day passes I hate the human race more. Kids and critters that are defenseless being abused piss me right off. The way I see it is it takes are real bad ass to beat up, torture or harm someone or something that weighs a fraction of what you do. Here, Im more your size....take a chance, hit ME!

Ive gotta stop here cuz Ive had a rant building that I have been tring to avoid regarding all the child abuse, abductions and murdered kids I have been seeing on the news. Makes me SICK!

12. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

I have to get my psych. books down from the shelf, but as far as I can remember animal mutilation is a sign of deep sexual repression/abuse w/ possible hidden homosexual facination. Either way they are f*&)#$ up for doing that kinda stuff.

13. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Fumes interjecting humor now... * Note to self... Don't piss off Shane's cousin, could result in loss of nostril *
    I will say that at least it was a kitten and he was caught, maybe it will stop him from doing similar things to people...

14. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

The world is full of freakin sick minded sob's and it makes me so mad. I'm glad he was caught before he could do something like this to a person. Not that oit makes what he did to the cat okay. Stuff like this makes me almost afraid to have a pet for fear of them getting loose. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

15. mercercadet

mercercadet 1/2 ton status

they ought to strap the guy to a chair and make him watch video of burn victims till he cracks. makes you wonder what kind of morals people have these days...

16. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    What is this world coming to???

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortuneately it's going down the $hitter real quick!

17. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

im no cat person and stray cats piss me off but i couldnt grill anything i wont eat.and i couldnt grill anything thats still alive.Or something that some kid used to call fluffy.

18. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Ok, well on the news, like 5 mins ago, they arrested a soldier from fort bragg, nc for doing the exact same thing! cept this cat they didnt destroy.

19. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Thought the cat incident was bad...read this.

This is the kinda sh!t the terifies parents and pisses everyone else off. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Fear Grips Calif. Parents, Police Hunt Girl's Killer
    Thu Jul 18, 3:45 PM ET
    By Jill Serjeant
    /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif
    LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Fearful parents kept children indoors on Thursday as police mounted a massive manhunt in southern California for a sexual predator who abducted a 5 year-old girl and left her body as a "calling card" for another strike.

Shock over the daylight abduction of Samantha Runnion from outside her home and the discovery of her nude, bruised body in a remote forest area 75 miles away turned to terror as investigators warned that her killer could strike again, and soon.

"He wanted us to find the body. It's a calling card for future activity," said Orange County Sheriff Mike Carona, saying FBI ( news - web sites) profilers believed the suspect had committed similar previous crimes.

In Fresno, central California, a man said to partially match the description of the killer was picked up on Thursday for questioning after failing to stop for highway police.

Authorities said highway police were acting on a tip from a member of the public, who reported the man had been acting suspiciously around children.

But Orange County sheriffs said they were receiving hundreds and hundreds of tips from the public and cautioned that several people were being detained in the course of inquiries.

"No arrest has been made in this case. It is premature to think that any of the people who have been detained are or are not the individual we are looking for," assistant sheriff George Jaramillo told reporters.

Police agencies are on alert from Mexico to Canada and the FBI said it had more than 100 agents on the case, checking registers of sex offenders and sorting through forensic evidence left at the crime scene and on Samantha's body.

Carona said the curly-haired little girl from Stanton, Orange County, had died from suffocation after spending several hours with her killer, who had also sexually assaulted her.

"I can tell you that there's a substantial amount of physical evidence that we have that we're sifting through. We believe that's going to give us a clue as to who Samantha's killer is," Carona said.

In the sprawling condominium complex south of Los Angeles from which Samantha was snatched kicking and screaming into a car on Monday, the normally crowded swimming pool was deserted and the large grassy central courtyard was eerily silent.

"No-one wants to let their kids out, and I don't blame them," said resident Jason Fish.

One young girl who came out to place flowers on a makeshift table memorial heavy with candles, soft toys and drawings, told reporters; "I kinda feel lonely now because no-one is here anymore."

Experts issued advice to parents, reminding them to teach their children about stranger danger, how to dial 911 and to scream if they are taken away. But they also noted that child abductions are relatively rare.

The man being sought is described as a having a Latino appearance, between the ages of 25 and 40, with a thin mustache and slicked-back hair, wearing a blue shirt and driving a light green Honda or Acura sedan.

The description was given by the sole witness to the kidnapping, Samantha's 5 year-old friend Sara, who has now been placed under guard.

But Carona cautioned that the perpetrator could be expected to change his appearance and abandon his car as police closed in.

Samantha's kidnapping touched a nerve across the United States, where the abductions of two other girls -- 14-year-old Elizabeth Smart in Utah and 7-year-old Danielle van Dam in San Diego -- have gripped the nation.

20. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Ive been sorta following that one. Makes me absolutely sick.

What goes through a persons mind to make them do this sort of perverse $&amp;^%!