Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What is this world coming to??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by shane74, Nov 1, 2002.

1. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

2. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

i read that earlier at work, where i used to live, (small town of 7000) the bank bought all the officers bullet proof vests in exchange for putting their logo on the cars, granted it was just one on each door, the whole car wasn't plastered in ads, i can see lawyers for speeding, dui ect jumping on this, i have even seen bail bondsmans have ads at the pay phones in jail!!!

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I know, but it kind of drives home just how underfunded our public forces are. They have to themselves out for advertising now just to get a few cars! People need to wake up and pony up $$ (taxes) for the guys who protect us and catch the freaks that make this world a scary place to live. I have been to many other countries, and I am VERY happy to live here and pay taxes. If people spent some time in other countries living as they do (vacations don't count), they would have a whole different attitude about taxes and what they provide us. I am not saying that I like taxes, but that is what pays for our public systems, and we need them. But turning the police cars into rolling billboards??? C'mon people! That just ain't right!! Talk about no respect! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I'd like to hear what some of our police members think about this??

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Sorry to say it, but I think it is a good idea. That way the police departments could use the funds normally spent on the cars for other items they need, but normally wouldn't be able to aford.

5. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Shane I couldn't agree with you more. If I new where my tax dollar was going, I would gladly pay more as it would be entirely worth it. I don't like it though when it goes into Joe Smoe's pocket rather than the potholes in my road, or failing safety vehicles. I know we have to pay people to handle and properly distribute the money to the areas that most need it, I just hate paying people to misappropriate the money. I don't even mind helping to pay for services that don't directly affect me, as other's have help pay for my services (that may not affect them).

Taxes are actually a great thing (wait did I just say that /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif), but the management of them is what CURRENTLY sucks /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif!

Taxes allow me to have freedoms, I would never be able to afford on my own, but for what I pay, there should be more. And no I do not believe in getting something for nothing, but I do know there is mis handling of tax money and many programs do not get the funding they deserve as the money is allocated to a politician friendly service (or backed by politician service, for greasy palms).

Sorry just had to add that /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

RANT MODE OFF /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

As for advertising on police cars, I think if the funds were handled appropriately, there would be no need to seek advertisers, but since that isn't the case, I can see some but on a limited basis (not the whole car plastered), and only certain types of adds. There has to be a line drawn somewhere, but who am I to decide where /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Again, my opinion, flame away /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

6. AGM

AGM Registered Member

7. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Interesting site, I wonder how accurate their info is though. It's definitely a site worth looking at. Thank You.

8. Scooter

Scooter 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    That way the police departments could use the funds normally spent on the cars for other items they need, but normally wouldn't be able to aford.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately that wont happen. The cities that take advantage of this "deal" will most likely re-allocate the money not spent on the cars to elsewhere (their pockets, or someplace equally useless) instead of updating the other outdated, antiquated equipment that the public services have to use.

9. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    i have even seen bail bondsmans have ads at the pay phones in jail!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Fourwheelerjeff,
    And just how do you know that??!! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

John

10. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Chris, you said it sooo much better than I did. My only point about taxes is that they are necessary, and when we reduce our police to rolling billboards so they can make ends meet, then we get what we deserve. But you are so correct, it wouldn't matter how much we paid in taxes, the money would always be mishandled.

It makes me a little bit sick when I think about the fact that we ARE the most technologically advanced, wealthiest, and innovative country in the world, and we still have so much wrong with us. Ok, done preaching now. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Not too hard, makes the news all the time out here. My county is thinking about this move right now.

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I can see it now. Bubba Ray get's his dream job and if I ever get into a spot where I am interviewed by the media after a pursuit, I can say "And would I like to say thank you to the City/County of for letting me drive the Krispy Kreme/Vivid Video Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor." That would f'n A rock!!!!!

13. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

"i'll never tell" /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

14. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Bubba Ray, you're freaking killin me!! The Krispy Kreme interceptor!!!

What an odd concept this is though. I can picture looking at the cars and thinking of them as cartoon cops. To be honest, it would be hard to take a cop seriously if he gets out of his Frito Lay cruiser to ticket me.
    I don't think I'd be able to help thinking "the jokes on you buddy"!!

I guess it would kinda re-define "CHiPS"...

15. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I prefer the "Vivid" idea!!! I would love to go for a "ride-along" with Janine and Kobe Tai...... /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

16. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

It would be funny as hell to see someone like Dominos pizza advertise. I can see it now "Um no officer I did'nt see you red light your pizza sign was in the way, oh by the way if this takes more than 30 minutes do I get my pizza for free" Officer Bubba "BUUUURP Um what pizza sir"