Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What is this?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by lifethroughdeath, Sep 2, 2003.

1. lifethroughdeath

lifethroughdeath 1/2 ton status

in my 90' k5 350tbi on the drivers side of the engine, in between the front two sparkplugs, in line with the oil filler cap there is a sensor or something with a green wire coming out of it plugged into my block, my question is what the hell is this and will it interfere with my new headers? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

That is the sender for the temp guage.

Let me guess, single wire, slip on connection? Slides over a little knob on the unit?

Temp guage. Mine pops off all the time /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. lifethroughdeath

lifethroughdeath 1/2 ton status

do i need it? what do you do to put headers on? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

You only need it if you want a temp guage. If you don't care that you don't know how hot the truck is running, then nope, you don't need it.

Your headers *shouldn't* get in the way of it. You might take it out just to keep from smacking it when you instal the headers though.

If you decide to keep it, you might want to wrap it in something to keep the headers from melting the wire...

BTW, no need to be mad, this is an easy one /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

they dont hit headers, never seen that happen

good luck