Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What is UP with rattlesnakes!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jimmyjack, Aug 4, 2002.

1. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

We went for a ride today, the kids were excited and jumped out of the blazers and ran off into the sticks near a running stream. B4 I could even holler at them to to watch for snakes, there came a scream "SNAAAAAAAAAAKE" it was a 3' rattlesnake. I have no problem with snakes but I'll kill a rattler in a second, especially where people hike and such. Anyway, the creepy part. We killed it, cut it's head off, put it into a ziplock bag under the ice in the ice chest. 6 hrs later we got home, pulled the snake out, threw it on the ground where it started to wiggle and squirm around. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif Alright, I can handle that but not after being nearly frozen. Now for the reeeeeeeaaaaly creepy part. We cut it open, skinned it and the kids were poking around the gut sack and the freeeking heart was STILL BEATING!!!!! I'm gonna have nightmares now!

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

damn that is freaky lol you should see our sturgon you catch one of them and leave it outside overnight and the next morning they are still alive /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

rattlesnakes can live for 24 hours after they are "dead".
    thats why you cut the heads off, they can technicly still strike after being killed. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

In fact i think most snakes are that way. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

4. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

But a gutted, beating heart? I dunno man. That's messed up. Ok, now. Get this...... we own two dogs. They're gluttons, they're pigs, they're shithawks. They dug a pile of fishguts we buried in a garden just for a snack. We bring home manure? They scratch for morsels...... They wouldn't go near the guts of this snake. One just sat and whined and the other when I pulled her by her collar went apeshit! She was screaming and fighting like hell to get away. They're pure evil. I'm not gonna sleep well tonight, and to top it off, my LockRight broke. I know it's bcos of this snake.

5. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Boy, that was so much more than I needed to know /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Now we all have the creeps /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Yeah they do that... my friend Rick used to work at small ranch by here and killed one when I was up with him and tossed it in the back of the Gator cart... he snapped it so it broke it's neck (up by the head cuz I dunno if snakes have actual necks)... anyhow it was still moving so he cut the head off. He took a stick said watch this and put it by the snakes head and rubbed it and it bit it! I was like holy crap! Talk about amazing! Sucker was still moving around after that. Hours later we get back to the barn and he picks it up (body) to toss it and it startes going crazy moving around. He said it's normal. They are crazy things lemme tell you. I have had a few in my day, corn, grass, ball python, red tail boa.... they did weird stuff. Must be a snake thing to have weirdo bodies...

7. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

i found a 5'8" timber rattler a few years ago, it was trying to get in to a friends garage, so we had to kill it, not good to leave it around with kids and pets running wild...
    well we chopped its head off, and put it in a plastic jar with a lid and buried it real deep, well the funny thing is that when we were stretching it out to measure it, the darn thing started striking me like crazy, must have got me 6-7 times, course like i said, no head, so it was basically jabbing me with a bloody stump where its head used to be attached...
    it was gross, but pretty darn funny at the same time...
    best part was that it had just shed its skin a few days earlier, didnt even look like a rattler, its skin was entirely black velvet, so we grilled the meat and tacked the skin to a 2x10...
    (this was before i moved to college park, for those who were thinking, there arent any timber rattlers in the DC area)

8. dogman

dogman 1/2 ton status

Tastes like chicken? I've heard!/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

<font color="orange">dogman </font color>

9. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

That's how this one was, really dark. Almost black with gold to orange diamonds. He was only about 2 and 1/2 ft. He blended right in with the foliage and rocks.