Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What is with people these days??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MTBLAZER89, Dec 3, 2004.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

So I go to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things. On the way through the parking lot I see a lady with her hood up and jumper cables out. A man is standing there with her talking then walks over to his truck...figure he's helping her out. I go into Wal-Mart for about 15 minutes then across the street to Safeway grab some dinner stuff. Total time in 2 stores about 25 minutes. I go back to my truck and am driving through the parking lot and she is still there (it's about 10* outside and snowing). I'm like WTF nobody has helped her...so I stop and ask her if she needs a jump. She says yes thank you. We had too push her car back to reach the battery. I jump start her car and she says thank you very much. I said no prob and wished her happy holidays. It took me a total of 2-3 minutes to jump the car. Sorry just had to rant. With how many people that were going in and out of Wal-Mart at the time not one person had the time to stop and help this lady. I really just don't understand people sometimes /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

it will only come around to them.....
    Also, there are a lot of pansies that have NO idea how to jump a car. They can't even open the hood for
    that matter!

3. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

those lil things have a hood?

4. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

hood? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I know what your saying. Same thing similar to me happened last week but it was with a flat tire. Took me all of 5 minutes to change the tire for her but all the people around just didn't want to stop and help the lady out. I am gone quite a bit from my family and I would expect for someone to do this for my wife if she was ever in need of anything like this. I tell you the nerve of some people these days. I guess they are in the "I'm too busy to help you toady mode".

Boy Scout Motto- Do a good deed daily

6. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

I probably stop and help someone once every couple weeks. I am not a rich man so I will never be able to give millions to cure cancer or anything. However, this is the one area that I can contribute. Knowing that I helped someone out just makes me feel good all day.

7. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I don't help anyone out unless I know them. Why do I want to put myself at risk of being sued when their crap breaks? It could also be a scam to rob me - her old man jumps out from arount the corner and hits me with a bat...

8. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It could also be a scam to rob me - her old man jumps out from arount the corner and hits me with a bat...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if you pull out the heat and BLOW HIS FRIKIN' HEAD OFF!

read: CARRY PERMIT /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. mr_blasto

mr_blasto 1/2 ton status

I'm all for helping people out, but a lot has changed since I was a kid. When I was little, my dad helped people out all the time. Now he still does, only he carries his 9mm in his pocket - unless it is like some old lady in a department store parking lot. We have a close family friend who was helping some girl around here, and she set him up. A bunch of guys grabbed him, jumped in his car, held a knife to his throat (after knicking him with it and showing him his own blood as a threat), took everything they could get their hands on, left him in his skeeby jeebies in an alley. He says they were planning on shooting him but they changed their mind at the last second. This was about 10 years ago, maybe more. Pretty scary stuff.

10. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I never stop on the side of the freeway, I just don't feel safe doing so. If it's in the parking lot, or on a city street where there are people around, I stop and give a hand. Changed a tire for some old lady not too long ago. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    I don't help anyone out unless I know them. Why do I want to put myself at risk of being sued when their crap breaks? It could also be a scam to rob me - her old man jumps out from arount the corner and hits me with a bat...

[/ QUOTE ]
    the road you leave behind you is the road you will travel down again.
    i did the same thing yesterday. i was in the blazer with my kids and my wife was in the store xmas shopping. these 2 girls came out of the store and apparently came out to a dead battery. they asked a few people for a jump (i didn't see but they said they asked a few people) and they came over and asked me for a jump. hell they even had cables. so i went over and gave them a jump and even found the problem and fixed it for them (lose batter connection and very corroded)

12. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Hmmm..here is the dandy story(true)
    About 3 weeks ago, I was out front of my girlfriends work here in San Francisco. Its right on the bay near Fishermans warf. Anyways, there is a big mix of tourist, druggies, homeless etc all over the place...typical of any tourist spot.
    Well I see this dude walking around in a nylon jumpsuit approaching people. I assume he's begging for money. Its getting dark(not quite) but borderline dangerous in this area. A few minutes pass by and all of a sudden the guy comes up to my car and is motioning something. I think "great, druggy wants some change".
    Well i don't open window and yell "NO". He continues to talk so I roll window down a bit(door locked). He says he needs a jumpstart down at end of parking lot. This lot is FULL of rif raf so I lie and say I don't have cables. Hmmm....he ask me to check and I agree...am I dead now? I knew i had them so I prettend that I found some and drive down to where he is parked(he runs there because he is not getting in my car. Well when I get there there is a minivan...so I think maybe this is where i get jumped and thrown into the van. As a measure for record, I had called my girlfriend and let her know what i was doing.
    I get out of car.....I get cables.....he pops the hood....I connect cables.....his minivan starts.....and ......and.......then he proceeds to tell me that he had left his lights on while waiting for his wife, who had a doctors
    appointment in SF. He was from Sacramento. He thanked me and i felt good for helping him and bad for stereotyping him.
    Its unfortunate that society is so tainted now.

later,
    jakeslim

13. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

our are is still good I guess. I've had it where out of nowhere I stalled my Blazer and for some odd reason the battery wasn't strong enough so I am sitting at a green light first in line needing a jump /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Instead of honking at me the woman behind me comes up and asks if I need a jump, I push the truck over to the side of the road myself(I got too good at doing that), and then she pulled up and gave me a jump. I had similar instances a few times. I must admit I would be weary this time of year(the are is getting a lot worse) but I'd still help someone. Maybe I'd grab the mag lite out of my door pocket for a little extra "light".

14. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

I try to help out whenI feel safe as well. Here in Northeast Jersey it isn't all that commen though! While in Maine once I was wheeling in my old 78 on 40's and wasn't paying attention while pulling back ontho the road. Dumped it right into a drainage ditch. Hoplessly stuck, would have taken a tractor to get it out. As I was standing there scratching my head, this fully loaded 378 Pete with a flatbed of lumber pulls up and stops. He asks, I say yes. He pulls off some chains from the trailer, hooke up to my rig, pulls the front bumper through about 10" of dirt on it's way out the other side of the ditch. I hardly had a chance to say thank you befor he was on his way. He had his kid with him too. Kid said he likes to help out people stuck like that. Good man. WHen we get a lot of snow around here a lot of idiots end up in snowbanks or the like and just can't get out. I drive around looking for these people and help them. I know I can get sued if something breaks, which is why, I know its bad, I won't pull out luxury cars. I will push manually, but never with the truck. People alwayes even try to pay me, but I can't take it. Then it isn't helping. I wouldn't be able to have that warm fuzzy feeling inside when I go to be at night! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. cwn anwyn

cwn anwyn 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I can relate to this. I almost always stop and help people stranded on the road. I dont know how many times I've been going down the street and see someone stalled out in a turn lane or broke down on the side. I would swing around and stop and ask if they need help. My wife doesnt like it when I do that. But she was pretty pissed on last saturday night when her car broke down outside Franktown, and we sat for 3 1/2 hours with people driving by constantly and nobody stopped. Someone finally stopped when they saw my wife and 3 year old daughter cross the hwy to use the bathroom at a church that was open. A couple of cars even drove by, went to the church, and left after my wife got back with out stopping. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Then on tuesday the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif breaks down outside the DTC on I-225 on an off-ramp. I had to push the damn thing from the turn lane and tons of people drove by looking. I waited for another 3 hours for the tow to get to me. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    But I know I'll still stop and help when I can. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Z /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

16. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I like driving around and helping people in the snow. Or just driving around watching people shoveling their driveways after I just drove out of mine /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Simple rule for in the snow is, if the person isn't an idiot, make them hook the chain.

17. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Forget about what others are doing and do what's right, just like you did /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

18. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Because of helping people ont he side of the road, I've gotten

Free Cigarettes

To Light a Honda On Fire

Get Called An Angel By A British Guy

I'm a chain smoking honda igniting angel I suppose