Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What is wrong?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KrebsATM02, Dec 8, 2000.

1. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

Ok people, it has bugged me enough to get my friends digital camera, take the pictures, get a photopoint account, and post this. What do my shackles point toward the front of the vehicle with respect to where they bolt onto the ORD flip. I have called superlift to make sure they are the right springs, and they are. I am pretty sure the ORD flip is installed right. So, what is the deal? It is limiting my droop and i would like droop. Here is the link. http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1388623&a=10362966 Just pick one and take a look. Sorry this is the first time i posted a pick. One of ya'll that knows how to do it as a clickable link just tell me and i won't let it happen again. Thanks - Doug

Doug Krebs

2. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

3. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

wanted advice on the shackles actually, but thanks and how do you do it?????

Doug Krebs

4. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Doug,
    Looked at your photos and I fail to see what the problem is. Also, could you please clarify how it is that the shackle flip is limiting droop? The shackles are nearly straight up and down while your truck is sitting, so the geometry seems right. The shackles are also pointing in the right direction, according to the ORD site.

"If it aint broke...Make it work better!"

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Like Blue85 said, i believe it is in correct position according to the pic on ORD. I think I understand why you are asking, are you thinking of how the CJ rear shackles compress backward when they are sitting?

But from the pic on ORD yours looks correct.

HTH

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Looks about the same angle as mine and Depdogs. I ramp a 752 on a 25 limited mostly by front shocks. Dep ramps a 980 I believe. Shouldn't hurt droop. The big killer on Droop is shocks that are the incorrect length.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/