Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WHAT IS YOUR WORST HORROR STORIES ON E-BAY????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Brians 60s, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Brians 60s

Brians 60s 1/2 ton status

I am getting totally jacked around right now for over $500 and it sure sucks...Under what circumstances can you not or never get your money back. How do scum on ebay protect themselves from there pissed off buyers? Can they always be protected? What are your experiences... thanks, Brian

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Are they local to me... cuz I got some extra time on my hands and a new pry bar... buwhahaha!

Did you use a postal money order? Did you send payment via USPS? If so you can file with the USPS a fraud claim. It's a federal offense and they go after folks big time. Good luck!

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I bought a stained glass coca-cola lamp for my mom's christmas present on ebay last year. Got it here and found out it was PLASTIC. I was pissed. When I emailed the guy, he said hey what did you expect for $125? Ended up keeping the damn thing and mom hung it up, left negative feedback, and went on...but I make sure to ask pertinant questions now. That still makes me mad.

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I used to be a hardcore E-bayer,but I found myself not using it at all anymore. I will only buy something if the seller has more than a 100 positive feedbacks. I used to sell alot of stuff,but people would bid and never pay for the items. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

5. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

Do as steph said for mail fruad if you can they dont take it lightly. I sell alot on ebay and it does suck with all the dead beat bidders to. Right now I am waiting on something I bought over 30 days ago and the guy has a different story every time. Although mine was for only 20 bucks this is the first time I have been screwed on there while purchasing something. I have also gotten great deals off there to.