Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What jets for Quadrajet on mild 350?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Muddin_Mavric, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Muddin_Mavric

Muddin_Mavric Registered Member

I have a 83 K-5 with a 305 and on the emisions sticker it says its for high altitude operation.

Right now it runs like crap. Some times when i hit the gas it just dont seem to have any power and in the winter when i get on it hard off of a stop light the engine cuts out so i think its runnin lean.

I plan on putting in a 350 soon and i wanted to rebuild the carb but as long as im at it i wanted to check/change the jets to make it run good if thats the problem.

Im gona put in a pretty mild cam and maybe some aftermarket heads and since this is my daily driver i would like to get as good of gas millage (when i can keep my foot out of it) that i can while still having it run ok.

So what would be good sized jets/rods/hangers to start with and where is a good place to get them from?

one other thing i know i was looking at carbs on ebay and some have the vac. canister for the secondary air valve tward the back (like mine) and other have it tward the front by the elec. choke. what is the differnc and is one style better than the other?

thanks for any help you can give me.

Justin Behr

2. Muddin_Mavric

Muddin_Mavric Registered Member

or does any one know what rods,jets,hanger come stock in the q-jet for a stock 350 for low altitude operation?

thanks

3. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status