Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what jets to run in my holly truck avenger?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75, Jan 8, 2004.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I suck at this guessing game, the carb is a little under powered for the 454 but I cant figure out what to try.

the carb is a 670, motor is a stock 454, just headers and exaust and soon my intake.

also can I use my distibuter off my 350 on a 454? is the gear on it different?

thanks again /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I need to get this thing back in shape so I can concentrate on the 60 /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Call holleys tech line, they oughta know what theyre doing. And yes the distributor is the same.

3. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Read the plugs. this will give you a good indication on the jetting.

Check the camshaft. Is it going flat? A good camshaft will do wonders for a stock 454....

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Check the camshaft. Is it going flat? A good camshaft will do wonders for a stock 454....

[/ QUOTE ]

YEP! One with 16 lobes on it is usually nice. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

YEP! One with 16 lobes on it is usually nice. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

To run a mechanical fuel pump, you'd better have 17 lobes. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif