Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What kind of 35's should I get??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Apr 6, 2000.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

What kind of 35\'s should I get??

Ok, my mom has agreed to buy a lift and the tires for my Jimmy, but I have to pay her back this summer. I have finally decided that I want to lift it 6" and run 35" tires. Now, I'm trying to decide what kind of tires I want. It's a toss up between Gumbo Mudders, Swamper TSL's, and BFG M/T's. I know the wear on the two aggressive tires is pretty fast, but I do a lot of off-roading. My truck is also a daily driver too. I'm stressing more towards the TSL's, because I have always liked them and most of my friends run them and greatly rave about them. It's just that I have basically have a good amount to spend, so I want to get good tires. The road noise is music to my ears, so that's not a problem. I drove my friend's '85 Blazer that had 35" Gumbos and it sounded pretty sweet and I was impressed with the road characteristics of the tires. Honestly I want TSL's, but let me know what you think. Thanks a million guys!! YOU GUYS F-N RULE!! :)

"Crutch"

"What me get stuck? NEVER!!"(Famous last words)

2. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

Re: What kind of 35\'s should I get??

Well Swampers are my choice for anything larger than 35" BFG makes a great tire. There mud terrain doesnt do to bad and is affordable. Swampers hands down will be your best off road tire. they are noisy though. You might want to sipe them. makes them last longer and about 60% quieter

3. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

Re: What kind of 35\'s should I get??

sipe the tires??? what is that?
    chaz

"whoo my new pic is on the photo page...check it out!!"

4. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status