Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What kind of automatic shifter (no more standardfor me)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SCOOBYDANNN, May 27, 2003.

1. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

Well I dont have the time to get on the boards as often but i am progressing on the build of my truck. here is what is happening so far

for my gear reduction project i was torn between the atlas or the doubler. i wasn't concerned about the atlas as i have taken alot of weight off of the truck.

to use the atlas I was planning on converting the 465 to hydro and just bolting the atlas on and go.

OR

take my time and save money and look for doubler parts (i dont have the patience to look for the parts so this was looking more lke it wasn't going to happen.

a week after i find the $20 205 the doubler was looking better, but not great----low and behold i find a complete 400/203----- /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gifdoubler---here i come.

I have a complete column shifter a friend gave me--i could use this for a short time, but i spoke w/ steve watson and with as much as my frame twists this wouldn't be a great idea. SOOOO what kind of floor shifter would be up to the punishment that dirt, mud, and other oddities that the shifter will encounter.

2. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

B&M has a light truck shifter. it's about $160 you can get it from jegs or summit, that's what i'm going to later on.

3. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have B&M light truck shifter in my Blazer and it is great. I have had people tell me that Hust has good shifter but I have never used one.

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Art Carr makes some damn fine shifters.

5. Xtreme Off-Road

Xtreme Off-Road Registered Member

If you really want to keep your column shift, you could fab up some brackets and make it a cable shifter. Just a thought.