Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What kind of exhaust should i invest in?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tecton, May 1, 2003.

1. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

i have dynomax exhaust now....
    i want glasspacks cause ive had them before...or cherrybombs cause ive heard good things....how much would a pair of these cost along with some pipe bendind and a pair of tips?

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I'm not sure about muffler prices, but I paid around $180 for 3.5" dual pipes from the mufflers back, then some 4"x15" tips, with installation.

3. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

$250 bucks dauled out with 2.5" w/packs at my shop. Dosent do you much good not being in WA but thats a price to look for. If you get charged more its to much. IMO /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    i have dynomax exhaust now....
    i want glasspacks cause ive had them before...or cherrybombs cause ive heard good things....how much would a pair of these cost along with some pipe bendind and a pair of tips?

[/ QUOTE ] Befor you do a exhaust system, you might want to check what your local laws are about mufflers. Glasspacks (Cherrybombs) are not leagle in some states. I used to catch tickets for some "Purple Horny's" (Glasspack style) header mufflers on my old Camaro when I lived in Omaha, Ne. But they were perfectly leagle right acrost the river in Council Bluff's, Ia. .

5. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

hmmm
    im pretty sure as long as you dont open it up next to a fuzz around here youll be ok

pretty loud trucks here

is there anyway i can get this for about 200$??? im ballin on a budget /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

mine cost $4. . .the cost of a cutoff wheel for my circular saw (HAHA!) and now i have straight pipes. . .although some still goes through the muffler. . .as shown below. . .
    [​IMG]

7. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

not to hijack, but... can you buy saws for a angle grinder?

btw you might wanna checkout this foryou system instead of new mufflers and all, you can be quiet or loud. I run dynomax's and these....
    [​IMG]

8. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I run dual 2.5's w/ glass packs. I don't really like the way it sounds, but that doesn't matter because I recently found out that glass packs are illegal on the trails around here because they don't have any spark arresting capabilities. So, mine will be getting mufflers pretty quick. CHEAP CHEAP MUFFLERS....then when I can afford it all the exhaust will come off and it will get a single 3" thru a muffler of some kind... I have heard that the Edelbrock mufflers sound really good. I don't really want a Flowmaster just because everybody and their brother has one.

9. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

magnaflow makes good mufflers
    sound a lot like flomaster but are better built and can be had for cheaper

10. jasonkh2tg

jasonkh2tg 1/2 ton status

If you got the cash 40 series Flowmaster are awsome...They sound great...they make your blazer sound like you got something under the hood even if you don't....he he he /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

11. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

im going with glasspacks

ive talked to 4 or 5 ppl aroud here....2 that run dynomax's...they say they suck big ones and glasspacks are the way to go...not to mention they are only 28$ a piece installed!!!