Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What kind of glue should I use?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Russell, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Hey guys!

I got a frantic call from my sister a few minutes ago -- She apparantly managed to break her 92 Buick LeSabre's passenger side door mirror clean off her door while backing into the garage. She tells me that it was glued on from the factory, not held on with screws. Since she was planning on coming down south to the farm where I am right now, I was wondering what type of glue a guy should get her to buy so I can fix it when it gets here.

I was thinking some super strength two part epoxy should work fine... What do you guys think?

2. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

If you use an epoxy like that I wouldn't plan on removing the mirror again without taking a bunch of paint with it. That said, I would rough up the area where the mirror attatches and use epoxy.

3. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

I would use silicone caulk.

4. K5-newf

K5-newf 1/2 ton status

use bosnic if u never want it to come off again i stuck a a 8 ft pice of 2x4 to a a brick wall and the next day wen i went to take it off i had to use the crow bar and it split the borad up in to little pices and stuck to the wall lol