Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what kind of issues woud i run into?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Jul 6, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

if i put a 4" lift in my blazer..with like the drive shafts and steering arm and all..what would i need to make it all work properly and drivable...cuase the driveshafts would not be long enough would they? problems like that im not sure what i would run into..?? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Bryan-thanx

2. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

all these trucks (even the same years) vary in some degree.you really didnt provide enuff info about your 4 inch lift. do you have rear springs or blocks ? drive shafts should be ok. you may have to get longer brake lines or at least relocate or disconnect the bracket mounts. you may also have to get some shims to correct pinion or drop t-case due to vibration, but this is not always the case. depending on your kit youll have to get a drop down steering arm. you may also run into some other steering problems depending on how well the former owner of your vehicle maintained it (lets hope better than mine did). are you also planning on upgrading the tires as well ? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif hope this helps. others may provide you with more info.

3. SWAMPRNR

SWAMPRNR 1/2 ton status

I have a 4inch lift on my 82 and the factory shafts still fit. Had to drop the t/case 1 inch by moving the factory spacers. No problems with any of the brake lines

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i dont have a lift i was just wondering for when i did buy one..im planning on a 4" rough country though. hmm well im not sure on how well it was tooken care of..its not in the greatest shape body wise haha. but that could just be cuase of sh*ty rochester weather. but i might not even bother with it i might buy one with a better body. this kit comes with a steering arm though. and brake line extenders or soemthing..but i here they suck.

Bryan

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

how do you mean move them? aint got any pics do you?

thanx-Bryan