Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what kind of lift?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Klef72K5, May 6, 2001.

1. Klef72K5

Klef72K5 1/2 ton status

I was working on my Blazer yesterday and noticed the that the leafspring hangers for the front was moved forward about 2 in. from stock location. It's a 6 in. lift, is this common? What kind of lift would it be? The leaf pack up front has 6 leafs, and the rear has 6 leafs with a block. It looks to be sitting level.
    The reason I ask is because I 'm trying to make it drive better and I don't know if someone screwed it up or that was what the instructions said to do. The Blazers all over the road when I hit a bump! I'm not for sure if that is what you call bump steer or if it's called get a new gear box? I never dealt with bump steer before so I could use some help from all of you!
    Thanks!

[​IMG]<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Klef72K5 on 05/06/01 09:37 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Measure your wheelbase. Go from the back edge of the front tire to the back edge of the rear tire. I believe the first gen Blazers and Jimmy's had a 104" wheelbase. Just looking at the pic your front wheels appear to be a little forward from stock. If someone has moved the front springs forward this could be causing some of your handling woes. If the wheelbase checks out then jack your front end off the ground and start checking every moving part in your front end. Every joint should be tight with no play whatsoever. Lift the bottom of the tire and try and pull it towards you and up. It shouldn't budge, if it does you may need ball joints. That should get you started.

Rene

[​IMG]<A target="_blank" HREF=http://jules.coloradok5.com>http://jules.coloradok5.com</A>