Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what kind of lift....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by KGsK5, Oct 29, 2006.

1. KGsK5

KGsK5 1/2 ton status

looking to get some more lift under my blazer. at first i was looking at a shackle flip and springs from ORD to get around 6 inches. but i started looking around a bit more and i found a skyjacker system wiht 6 inch springs and shocks for cheaper than teh ORD kit... any input on your favorite suspension manufacturs? oh and i also looked at the skyjacker 8 inch kit and i am now considering just going for the 8 inches instead... not really sure where to go here so any input is good.

thanks.

2. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Im happy with skyjacker springs.

3. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

i have rough country like springs(not sure really)....REALLY recomend Tough country lift springs.

I personally have 6" all around. up front is some stiffer 6" springs, with a relocated shackle mount(lot better ride with it relocated). And in back i have the www.DIY4x.com 6" shackle flip, 6" shackle(1" lift), and Zero rate(1" lift), with stock truck 56" springs. and that gives 6" of lift. Works flawlessly.

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Me, too.

The only thing I don't like about Skyjacker front springs are the front forwardmost bushings are too small in diameter when fitted in the spring eye. Superlift and Skyjacker are the only aftermarket manufacturers that make the smaller bushings up front. All the other ones have a larger bushing.

5. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

I have a 6" skyjacker softride and love their springs.

6. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

After 5 years my bushings are still good. I also like how quiet they are on the trail compaired to other lifting methods like blocks or flips.

7. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I am a fan of BDS springs as a 1st choice with a 2nd choice of Tuff Country springs.

Harley