Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what kind of lift?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by balzer, Aug 4, 2000.

1. balzer

balzer Registered Member

i want to put a 6inch lift on my 83 jimmy, but i want to know if i should go with the lift with new leaf springs all the way around or the one with new ones in the front and blocks in the rear. its something like $400 for without and $700 with. i have the money either way but if i bought the one without i could always buy rear springs later. and what all would have to be done to my jimmy to put on a 6 in lift ie:lowering t-case, lengthening drive shaft? and what brand of lift would yall recomend.
    thanx

2. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

I would go with the new rear springs. Will need to lengthen drive shafts and do steering correction. Will also need longer brake hoses. Since you will likely put on bigger tires you should also think about a gear change.

3. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

rough country is a good lift....(biased opinion)...i have a 4" rc susp. lift...lengthen your shafts...longer brake lines..lower the t-case...and get springs all around if you have the money...you'll be happier afterwards
    Kelboski.....order it from rough country, and tell them you'll buy one from another company if they don't come off their price...they'll lower it ..trust me...oh.....and...get a big sledge hammer and a 12 pack for the steering arm removal
    Kelboski