Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What kind of mountain bikes do you ride?Post a pic!

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by jakeslim, Feb 27, 2004.

1. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Pics of bikes? /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Don't have a pic, but mines a Gary Fisher hookooikoo, I know I didn't spell that right, anyway it's old school 6 or 7 years old now and fricken heavy, I should get a new bike. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i don't have a pic but it is a savvoy /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif i bought it a meijers witch is kinda a like k mart and walmart. i like the cantiliver brake and the quick shifters. the only thing i dont like about it, is that its a rigid frame. i mainly ride only on a paved path anyway /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I'll get a pic tomorrow when it's light out... I don't remember what kind I have, it's just a cheapo 3 speed I got at Recycled Cycles as a starter... It's light green and rust /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

This spring, after I'm done with my Explorer project (May), I'm going to get a new one from Target or something and see if I can sell the one I bought last year and another one I have in the shed that needs a tube... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Not high tech, but 21 speeds, great cantilever brakes, rapid fire shifters (the kind that are spring loaded and shift NOW when you want them to), use it mainly for hunting. Have a bow holder setup on the handlebars. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

You don't honestly think I'd ride a bike unless it is motorized now do ya ???? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I bought my brothers old bike when he upgraded to his new rac bike. It's a gary fisher. He took it to 1st in state last year in Idaho (raced in Idaho, Neveda, Oregon...)

It's a very nice bike.

8. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

I have a proflex/K2 (the transition year when Proflex was bought out by k2). It still has the carbon fiber rear arms, coil over springs, and a multi link noleen shock setup. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Its a nice bike, too bad I dont ride as often as I used to. I should get off my fat ass and do some riding!

9. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Gary Fisher old school prolly 6-7 years old now a marlin, i used to ride like 180miles a week (sicking) about to start riding again, I was into the extreme stuff, no mountains but i would travel to hilly terrain

10. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

'93 Specialized HardRock comp.
    Full Shimano XTR gear set, hubs . . .
    Rock Shox Boulder (heavier but was better than stock when I got it) probably going to get the Rock Shox Judy TT fork to replace it.

Looking to go with new lighter rims with mechanical discs in the future
    Most likley Mavic rims $$

11. atlantak-5er

atlantak-5er 1/2 ton status

I ride a 2000 Iron Horse G-spot full suspension. Just took it riding on sat.

12. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

16" Team '98 KHS hardtail (OX Gold), Was Judy SL - Now Marzocchi Z1CR fork, Pro-Stop II front disc on Pro-Stop hub laced into a Rhynolite hoop, Hope Rear disc on a rare rear disc Paul W.O.R.D. hub laced into a Rhynolite hoop, RaceFace forged cranks, Thompson seat post, Single Speed (34x17).

[​IMG]

Yes, that's a trailer for a bike that it's on. Built that to go shopping when I was in college. Carries 3 brown grocery bags and the lock is part of the pivot system while also locking the trailer to my townie. Friend gave the car top rack as a joke and I made it clip on with some tiny De-Sta-Co's. Oh yea, and the MotoMag now spins on sealed cartridge bearings.

13. stick

stick Registered Member

burbinOR , i also use my cheap bike to hunt. i,d love to see that bow set up if you have a way to take a pick. right now i just strap the bow to my pack, and it gets caught on everything.

14. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

I'm runnin a 2002 K2 Bumpy monkey, good bike but getting ready to step up to something with more travel and hydraulic brakes, maybe a Kona stinky /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif. I'll try and find some pictures though.
    -Kell-

15. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

16. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Pic doesn't work, says it's forbidden...

17. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

Not to good with computers but I think if you copy the link and put it as the adress it should work.
    -Kell-

18. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

DAMN! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

I didn't know you could get hydraulic brakes on a bike... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

19. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

20. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status