Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What kind of music?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Steve88, Mar 2, 2000.

1. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

Just curious...what do most of you listen as far as music goes? I'm more of a metal-head than anything else.

<font color=red>Steve88</font color=red>[​IMG]
    88K5 Silverado (a.k.a. ThunderDog)

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

A to Z for me.........from AC/DC to Boston to KennyG to RUSH to Fourplay, man, depends on my mood. Pioneer CD feeding Fosgate amp and 6 speakers including 10" MTX Thunders drivers in the custom back panels, anything sounds good now..........Just depends on the day, if I am mellow or want to crank it. RUSH playing Limelight or Subdivisions is like heaven!

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]

3. TexasK5er

TexasK5er Registered Member

can you post a picture of the back panels, I have been wanting to do this to my blazer, because I don't want to lose the room for subs.

Nail It!!!!

4. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

I was a HUGE metal head in my youth, then I went through a big "alternative" (I hate this term) phase. Now a little of everything. Most I would say hard alternative. A lot of 80's new wave stuff.

5. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

[censored] BlazzinOR,
    I didn't even think any one else lissened to Fourplay (great jazz). I lissen to everything from Kenny G., Mark Chestnut, Eagles, Rush, Cool & the Gang, U-2, Pet Shop Boys, Mama's & Pappa's & What ever else I can Find. Not to much of Acid Rock though. My daughter is into the Backstreet Boys, Brandi, Christina Agulara. Just about anything some more, some less. [​IMG]

How do you like your Speaker placement? Do you have any pics of your system? I'm redoing mine soon and want to change things a little.

<font color=red>C<font color=green>'<font color=blue>m<font color=orange>o<font color=purple>e

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

6. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Steve:

Jump to the 'All non 4x4' category and the first thread is 'Non 4x4'. There you'll find lots of posts on music tastes of this board.

By the way, I'm into Rush, Dream Theater, 80s, Helloween, Iron Maiden, U2, Nirvana.

<font color=purple>////////
    Go 79s!!!
    </font color=purple>[​IMG]

7. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

Well I'll go check that other post as well, but good to see how many folks still like Rush. Nothing like Red Barchetta cranking on the speakers. Reminds me of college 18 years ago...and still loving hard-rock/metal. Thank God for KUPD in Arizona! Next to WBCN in Boston it's got to be the best metal/hard-rock station in the nation. (Of course that was the WBCN of years ago...haven't heard em in 6 years...)

8. Adrock

Adrock 1/2 ton status

I listen to it all, from death metal to Rap core to Ska to 80s, mostly rock though, big fan of covers of 80s songs. Especially like reel big fish, blink 182, DMX, NIN, etc...
    And to Steve88 WBCN is trash, WAAF is where its at. not tryin to dis you or whatever, just updatin you.

Adam
    a.k.a. Adrock
    88 Chevy Blazer FI 383
    Aint nothin' like the sound of Chevy Thunder

9. Anything from AC/DC,Rush, Mettalica,Scorpions,Alice in Chains to Garth Brooks,Alan Jackson,Gary Alan, and the Dixie Chicks !!! NO (C)RAP!!! Grew up on country and rebelled to Heavy Metal in my teen years and it all stuck with me through the years. !!!Gotta throw on some Skynard too !!

<font color=red>BigBurb<font color=red>[​IMG][​IMG]

10. 79Cheyenne

79Cheyenne 1/2 ton status

Both kinds

<font color=red>Hunker Down

[​IMG]

11. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Steve88,
    Hey Steve is KUPD @ 97 or 93 on the FM dial... Is the other one still any good (older Rock)? I think it was KDKB? Haven't lived there for 4 years....

<font color=red>C<font color=green>'<font color=blue>m<font color=orange>o<font color=purple>e

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

12. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

As I recall it is 98.5 (KUPD) KDKB is 92.3??? Lived in Zonieland for 8 years..........."But its' dry heat" LOL>....

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]

13. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

RE: WBCN vs WAAF

Wow. I guess it has been a while. I haven't lived in Taxachusetts for over 6 years. Last I knew of WAAF they turned into a crap station, BUT growing up they were the only rock station worth talking about. Funny thing about WAAF was how small their station really was. Used to visit it all the time on the way to the Galleria in Wusta (that's Worcester to those non-Mass folks).

Surprised BCN fell apart. I remember when Chuck Laquidora (sp?) took over the station and played Purplehaze for over 24 hours straight...I hear he's gone now too.

Thank God for KUPD out here in AZ !!

Like some of you other guys I became a headbanger back in the late 70's and stuck with it. Actually I remember when Hendrix and Zepplin were on 68WRKO AM !!

My list of fav's are Metallica, and all the rest of the metal bands, Creed, Days of the new, Zombie, all the new and old metal bands like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, etc, and Tool, Rage Against the Machine, Pantera, Metallica, Metallica and did I mention Metallica?!

14. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

97.9 KUPD, the only rock in Arizona! http://www.kupd.com

KDKB (93) sucks. Too high-school for me.

Of course when it's time to snuggle with the wife it's Coyote - KYOT 95.5 all the way...

15. Adrock

Adrock 1/2 ton status

RE:waaf vs. Wbcn

ya, charles laquadera left and went to Wzlx, classic rock, good stuff. but Bcn has gone down the tubes, lots of techno type stuff, some ok stuff, but all the ok stuff WAAF plays too. just as an update. greg Hill is still the mornin guy he has LB now, an old bruind player, funny guy. John ostralin(sp?)is still 10 to 3 and Opie and Anthony got fired like 2 years ago or so, they wanted to so they could go somewhere else and get more money, they showed up on BCN in January badmouthin AAF, posers. Rocco is on at 3 now and he has a new co host named birdsey, wicked funny. and mistress karey is on at 7 to 10. thats about it, stil funny as hell.

Adam
    a.k.a. Adrock
    88 Chevy Blazer FI 383
    Aint nothin' like the sound of Chevy Thunder

16. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

Kinda funny. Went to Mass last May for a couple of days for the parents 50th. Lived in Mass for 31 years and Az for about 5 now (plus a year in GA...don't ask)... Anyway the wife and I took the folks car for an afternoon and never got so lost in my life trying to find our old house, my old stomping grounds, etc. Funny how you forget where things used to be!

17. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Robert Earl Keen
    Metallica
    Alabama
    AC/DC
    Pat Green
    Motley Crue
    Dixie Chicks
    Prodigy
    Waylon Jennings
    Ramstein.

My tastes run the gamut.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress

18. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Here's a pic of the rear speakers. The 6x9 are just in front of the seat, on the same plane as the passengers knees.

19. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

it seems there are a couple of favorites in blazers.
    metallica and ac/dc appear to lead the metal category, and i don't believe there IS another category.

y'all should try some classical stuff, amazing how good it sounds for being four hundred years old. and let me assure you, it will demonstrate your system like you've never heard.
    mozart still rocks.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

20. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

Nothing like Vivaldi 4 seasons cranked up to 200watts!

Lovin the new Metallica with the orchestra too! Although they've gotten a little soft over the years this new project with the symphony rocks! Cool url by the way:http://www.metontour.com/high/index.html

[​IMG]