Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What kind of tires to get?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CruisinK5, Feb 15, 2001.

1. CruisinK5

CruisinK5 1/2 ton status

Man I have not been on here since 11-20-00. I have just been busy and I also got another car I have been working on. Hopefully some of you remember me. I should be on here as frequently as I used to, now. I finally lifted my K5 and I am going to put some bigger tires on it pretty soon. I will be posting some pics soon. What kind of tires do ya'll recommend I get? The truck is driven on the road frequently so I don't want real aggressive tread, but I don't want to get stuck off-road either. Any help would be much appreciated.

"Have you driven over a ford lately?"
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://cruisink5.coloradok5.com>http://cruisink5.coloradok5.com</A>

2. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I am going to run those new Pro Comp MT's when I lift my truck in a month or 2. MT tread, but are really quiet for an MT and the sipping on them makes then so much better in rain and whatnot on the street. Was impressed driving my buddy's J**P (I'll also note I was testing driving it because it ran like crap and he wanted me to fix it LOL). I guess the next choice would be BF AT TKO's... they are suppossed to be real good. I would run them but I want a better self clensing tread like a MT. No AT tire will ever equal a MT offroad and no MT will ever be as quiet as an AT. While we are one the subject anyone running those new goodyear Wrangler MTR's or whatever they're called?

1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI