Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What kind of trouble have you had with the law?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 72THING, Sep 11, 2002.

1. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

I got pulled over one time and the cop was just seeing if it was legal. He was really trying hard to find something wrong or malfunctional, but everything works correctly and my lift height is well under the legal limit in Georgia. He said " I don't suggest you drive this truck on the road anymore--its way too dangerous" I asked how come and he said the tires are too big and the brakes and steering are different than a stock truck." I was thinking NO SH*T, Sherlock, but I was polite instead and got under the truck and pointed out and explained to him that I had one ton brakes and crossover steering. That shut him up real quick. I was curious what run-ins you've had with the law with your truck, K5,'Burb, etc.

Will

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

What a dork... sounds like the time I got stopped because the cop in WA noticed I was from CA. I was thinking dang you must be like captain er something there smart guy... he wanted to check to make sure I was ok. WTF? Anyhow he sounds as bored as this guy was.... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I get the occasional evil eye but not much more than that. I've been given fix-it tickets for not having mudflaps and a warning once for driving on the sidewalk/forums/images/icons/blush.gif

We'll see what happens when it gets bigger TSL's...

Rene

4. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

10" of lift and 39.5's and no cops have got me yet. I think they're really leaniant here in Vegas.

5. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

DUI and oh....... your not talkin about that.....

I guess I'm lucky... I dont get bothered by the police anymore. All I had to do was cut my hair and stop getting arrested and whalla! no more trouble with the police...
    I do often ask them to race /forums/images/icons/grin.gif my truck is unlike anything else around here so their all (the cops) farmiliar with me and my rig. I dont even get second looks anymore.
    When I leave town hunting, camping, or whatever I go to the sticks and I fit in there.. so not even a second look.
    Maybe for me its cus I been pulled over plenty now it just you guys turn.

footnote WA will always check you out from CA... liberal CA's have been screwing up WA politics for years...we are not welcome there.

6. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

here in texas they just give me a smile and a wave...unless your driving an import the cops usually leave you alone.

7. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

They just recently closed of a lake to fourwheelers here that used to "the spot" for people from Oklahoma City to go wheelin' locally. Last time I went out there I got circled by a police helicopter at treetop level! That SOB must have hovered over me for five minutes! Forget about the real criminals, there's a guy down there in a lifted truck who might tear up some of the dirt!!! Damn Nazis.

John

8. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

well...never gotten caught, but i had the line all ready for them:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Gee officer...I didn't know that was a felony

[/ QUOTE ]

9. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

I think they're really leaniant here in Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

what would ever make you think that /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

10. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

Well...the first time I got stopped I was in my Scout by a Highway Patrol, he was supposedly just checking the inspection sticker. The second time in the Scout, I sped right by the cop doin 49 in a 35 and got two warnings for my tail lights being too faded. In my K10, I was pulled over when I floored it going around a corner in town chasing after a friend, luckily he wasnt in his car so he didnt catch my speed. The second time I got pulled over because my friend, same one, peeled out of a parking lot and the cop didnt see him so he thought it was me. The last time I was doing 92 in a 70 in my silverado and got a ticket by the HP. Then of course there was the d*ckhead sheriff at the dunes, didnt get into trouble but he was still an idiot.

11. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

The last time I got pulled over, the cop was behind me at the stop sign, and said when he got me over, "All I could see is your axle, I wanna measure it." Real cocky I said "Have at it. Knock yourself out. Its BELOW legal." And it was........ for a TRUCK. THAT is when I learned my F/S Cherokee was registered as a STATION WAGON!ich is a car! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif DUCK! INCOMING TICKET! LOL! Fortunately he was cool about it, and gave me a warning since I HAD tried to get the bumper low enough. So take a look at your registrations. You may be driving a big 4x4 CAR! I think in 90 they went from SW to SUV.

12. barbastard

barbastard 1/2 ton status

I got pulled over coming back from wheeling this past 4th of july weekend. My truck was covered in mud, dirt, and had tons of fresh scratches and body damage. I had the top off and I hadn't shaved, showered, or slept much in 3.5 days. I was sunburned and tired and the truck smelt like beer from all the cans that I spilt in it that weekend. I look behind me and see the cop and automatically know I'm gonna get pulled over. He puts on his lights, I pull over...He looks very strangely at me and my truck....I ask why I'm getting pulled over (wasn't speeding...kinda hard to speed with 36's and 4.56's!!) he said because my license plate was bent and he couldn't read it. It was fairly bent (departure angle isn't the best!!!) but come on...anyways....everything was fine until he saw that I had rifle cases in the truck and then all hell broke loose. 2 more cars came, I refused to get out of my truck because I hadn't broken any laws....I stated "I know my rights, and I'm not getting out of the damn truck" (note to self...cops don't like that /forums/images/icons/grin.gif ), I get pulled out, frisked, they search my truck and guns, give me some BS talk about how they can't trust anybody any more when they see guns in a car and then let me go.....no ticket....no nothing.....BUNCH OF JACKASSES!!! I HATE LIBERAL ANTI GUN CALIFORNIA LAWS!!!

Other than that.....not much else...just a couple different times spending the night in the ol drunk tank!!!

13. Brian85gmc

Brian85gmc Registered Member

the worst time I had was when I had my 95 formula in Tampa.

I jumped on the freeway real quick to go down a couple exits and floored it. I got up to about 120 and happened to glance in my rearview. Well, lo and behold, there was a state cop RIGHT ON MY A$$!!

I about crapped my pants. I thought I was a dead man. I said "I'm so dead...I'm so dead.." like 20 times to myself while I downshifted and slowed down.

Then the SOB just went around me!!!!

Must have been shift change or something...

14. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

mine sais sw for station wagon i guess and i just changed titles in january this year from ca to pa.maybe pa isnt putting suv on their titles yet.the only thing ive been caught for by the law is speeding and underage drinking.so fo r all the bad stuff i did do and didnt get caught,i guess im lucky.oh yeah also trespassing ive been arrested for.long story so i wont tell it. the las vegas thing:prostitution is legal so do you really think a cop is going to pull you over for haveing 38 inch swampers and a 10 inch lift.i think not.i bought my truck from there and been there a million times.if cops pull you over,and even if your drunk they just say to park your car for awhile and wait till you feel safe to drive.it happened to me after a raging keg party at one of the frat houses out there.

15. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I got pulled for failure to stop at a flashing red light. Hell, I didn't even try to stop. I wouldn't have gotten the ticket I found out if I hadn't been such a smart-a$$ to the cop. Never ask a cop when he pulls you, "What seems to be the problem, officer?" And for my next run-in with the cops, I got not one or two, but EIGHTEEN noise violations in ONE NIGHT!!! That was last year at Appalachian State, where I go to school. Obviously they don't like straight pipes. If they hadn't made those hills so steep, I wouldn't have to give it so much gas.

16. Pure Insanity

FHP in the Tampa area does some strange stuff. Ive seen them blow by me like I was standing still and I was running 95-100 on I75. A customer of my dads was a FHP trooper. He used to sit where I75 and 275 merge. Id come cookin around the big corner and down that hill to get on 75 from 275 and Id see him there. Hed just look at me and wave then "look away." /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

17. Pure Insanity

I think it goes by how GM had them classified. Mine was titled in my name in 99 and it still reads SW. BlazinBills is a 90 and its reg. as SUV or something.

18. MontanaLifted

MontanaLifted 1/2 ton status

Amen to that! I don't know how ya'll survive in California. But I guess you all vote for those suits that take away your guns and regulate your 4X4's. To me that is everything that I'm interested in.

I'm just glad I can still carry a side arm here in town without a permit as long as it's exposed. There's nothing like going grocery shopping at the Super Walmart strappin' a Beretta .40 Cal. Brigadier all stainless steel on your belt and nobody even gives you a second look. Now thats old school!

19. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

the las vegas thing:prostitution is legal

[/ QUOTE ]
    Prostitution is illegal in Clark County, which encompasses LV.

20. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

there are a lot of prostitutes in los veas and a lot of whorehouses so maybe the cops dont care.but they are not busting hookers.everyone i talked to when i lived in cali said it was legal in vegas.not too many laws actually apply in veagas.you got to be doing something really stupid to get arrested there.