Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What kind of winch should i get

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by pplblazerdude, Apr 1, 2003.

1. pplblazerdude

pplblazerdude 1/2 ton status

i may be getting a warn winch bumper and was wondering what kinda winch i should get for my blazer pond brand and electric or hydralic.
    I dont have lots of money since im 15 bout to turn 16 i have to finish paying for the blazer any advice would be appreciated. Ok and are milemaker winches any good.

Thanks

Clint /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

ive heard mile markers arent all that great, but i have had no first hand expirience,

I bought a warn HS9500i and so far i love it, I got an account at "Les Schwab" and i only pay 75 bucks a month for my winch, my tires and wheels were also on the account. Thats about the best thing about Les Schwab, but i dont think they have those down there in Tenn.

Id go with either a Warn or a Ramsey if i were you, just remember you always get what you pay for, and i think mile markers are like $350.......

3. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

go here. i saw an ad for them in 4wheel and offroad. it says that the 9500lb of theirs can pull the same load as the warn 9500i (with the little red overheat light) at almost the same speed. doesnt seem like a bad winch...it even has integrated solenoids. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif sounds like a deal. its what im gonna get once i sell the 84 K5

NITRO
    http://www.piercewrecker.com/

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i have the warn xd9,000i and it has never let me down /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

I got a Warn 8274 that is older than dirt and looks like it has been dragged through the desert behind a Trophy truck but the thing pulls strong and just won't die. Buy a Warn!

6. paulbunyan

paulbunyan Registered Member

a warn 8274 is a great winch, they have a 150 ft of cable, run forever and you can find them used for a decent price. I have one on my Jimmy and it has never let me down!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

For the wheeling in the area you live...HS9500 or the 8274. Line speed if a big plus at places like Tellico. If you get in the mud then you can always double line.

8. pplblazerdude

pplblazerdude 1/2 ton status

How far is tellico from where i am i am at 37663 dont haver any idea where it is and is the wheelin there tuff for a stock blazer or possible a blazer with 2 .5 and 33's.

Thanks Clint

9. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

I'd rather go to moab in a stock blazer than tellico, tellico is has hard as they come and sometimes harder

10. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Do a search. There have been many a heated argument over electric versus hydraulic winches. But the jist of all of them are: Get a electric winch unless you own a tow truck...