Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What kind of workshop do yall have at home?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Russell Keys, Sep 9, 2002.

1. Russell Keys

Russell Keys 1/2 ton status

My wife and I are buying our first house next month. And believe it or not the first thing she wants to do is build me a shop. There's a 20'x20' covered carport that I could pour a slab under and convert into a shop but I don't feel it will be enough room. I was just wondering what size shops yall have and are you happy with the space. And did you put them together yourself or have them installed. Thanks-Russell

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

the one here is 21 x 20 and if it was empty it would be plenty. but with all the tools and the inside room( like an office) there is just enough room for all the parts, tools and stuff for 3 worible benches.

My buddies uncle has a shop that is 40 x 60 and that is perfect /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

You will never be able to build one big enough. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

4. amm888

amm888 1/2 ton status

i've got a driveway and a tool box /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

(not to say i wouldn't love to have a real 'workshop' - but hey, at least i don't live in an apartment)

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I got a single open carport...my wifes uncle has a 40x60 that is about perfect.

rene

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've got a shed that I'm trying to fill with tools. Workshop, well, I've got the Blazer, so I load up the tools and go mobile. I'm one of those people that loves to work on everybodys vichiles except myown.

7. AzzKicker

AzzKicker 1/2 ton status

Sorry its a mess. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif But this is a basic 20x40 i believe. Thats the total slab of crete /forums/images/icons/smile.gif. My dad said he messed up with the work room because its too small. We may extend it forward. Anyway, thats basically our setup. By the way, thats the truck i got for 1500 /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Excellent truck. I love it. I'm fixing the window /forums/images/icons/smile.gif hence no vent window.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I have what they call a 2 1/2 car garage. I have a work bench a roll around tool box, an air compressor w/ a 100' hose and aire tools, and I borrow my buddies welder a lot too. I also have the biggest roll of butt wipe on the planet mounted to a dispenser on my wall! It is perfect for working on my truck. Actually Jason Brown (jekbrown) did his 1 ton conversion in my garage/driveway. But it filled up fast with all the axles and other parts we had in there. Someday I'm gonna have me a 4 bay shop! That just might be big enough....nah....it'll never be big enough! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Here's what my mess looks like. [​IMG]

That's me welding the new shock mounts and spring perches on Jason's 14 bolt. Also, in upper left hand corner, barely visible, is the edge of the big ol' roll for cleanin' up big ol' messes! it's about 3ft. wide and 3ft. in diameter! It's huge! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif In the lower left corner is the 454 that is soon to be in the K5! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

9. fright89

fright89 1/2 ton status

I have atwo car garage that leans alittle to one side. It's got all the typical homeowner stuff in it. I have all my carpentry tools in there and there is a
    workbench and a bench set up for the miter saw. The blazer just fits but there is no room to work on it. So I guess
    my auto shop is my driveway

10. kumma

kumma 1/2 ton status

approx 15X25 slice in my shop is reseved for the jimmy. way to small so i do most of my work outside. ive found you can never have enough room. if i ever get a house ill have a 40x60 pole barn to start with. then the fun will be fillin it with tools and autos.

11. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I live in an apartment /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Hopefully I will be building my dream garage and house in the next few years, my wife and I have been saving! Then I can get all my junk out of rich's backyard!

12. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Well, let's see.../forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

I've got my dad's shop at the farm, where I do my rebuilding stuff, like axles, etc. since it's cleaner out there.

I've got my two-car garage here at home. It's a 24 x 32, so it's big enough to park the car and truck in it and still have room up front. Just too dirty in this garage to do anything. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

I'm currently remodeling three rooms in our house in order to get it closer to getting restored and sold.
    When we do sell the home we are in now, we are thinking of building a new, permanent home and I've already laid out my plans for the new shop. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

The new shop is gonna be a 30 x 50, with 12' side walls so I can get a car lift in there. Should have enough room to install three overhead doors all on the front so I can park my junk in there and work on them. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

13. captain chaos

captain chaos 1/2 ton status

30 x30 12' side wall's.
    with 2 welder's, air compressor, 2 cherry picker's, air lift jack, drill press, part's washer, 2 floor jack's, jack stand's, big tool box and all the other sh!t doesn't leave much room.
    there isn't such a thing as to big of a shop. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

dave

14. blwnbwtie

blwnbwtie Registered Member

i got a garage filled with crap, tools, parts, and more crap. And a driveway too work in. The truck is too tall to even fit in the garage. When i move out i gonna get something with a back yard and a shed for the tools and stuff like that.