Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What kinda axle is this HELP QUICK!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CaveBlazin, Apr 10, 2003.

1. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Gotta find out what kind of axle this is its brand new and the people gave me until 6 today to find out if I want it or not. Here's the link
    http://community.webshots.com/user/caveblazin
    I know its not a dana 60 cause its a 6 lug but its got 3.73 gears and its brand new is it a 44 or what and what would you think its worth!!

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

that thing looks funky as hell, all i know is it has closed knuckles, and it looks to be setup for a spring under setup, i dunno if that means its for a jeep or what it also has a Drivers side diff........

Are you planning on putting it in your Chev? how much are they asking for?

i wouldnt waste my time with that axle IMO

3. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

It looks like the ooold style dana 60. Like what was came in the late 60's on Kaiser military 1 1/4 ton trucks. My dad has one of those trucks. It has the closed knuckle design like the pic and has a large diameter bolt patter with six or maybe eight lug bolts. The closed knuckle design is typically considered weaker, also the older axle shafts are of a lower spline count and also considered wearker. The disc brakes are throwing me off however. If someone has a better answer please speak up.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

this picture must go away. There was a whole thread about it 2 weeks ago and in the end we still have no idea what it is.

5. CaveBlazin

Let me give a little more info it does have something to do with the military and it is a 6 lug. What would one of these be worth NEW. ANY AND I DO MANY ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT!! Thanks again

6. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

what it would be worth new depends on who is buying it. if it is a rare axle thats hard to get a hold of, a collector might think it is worth a mint, to a wheeler, who is building his rig for function, it wont be worth as much. How much do the people who are selling it want for it?

7. CaveBlazin

Around 100 bucks!!

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Nissan Patol axle IIRC from the last time this pic was posted /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I'm confused by the purpose of this thread when it was hashed out ad nauseum a couple of weeks ago.

Rene

9. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

it iwll have to be modified if you want it for your K5. If it is spring under you will have to flip that as well as loose all the brackets for what look like control arms.

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I never saw that conclusion but that was my point it did almost make me puke with how much it was discussed. It wouldn't work out for your K5 i think is the important point. I don't believe anyway.

12. CaveBlazin

Thanks Im not gonna get it now didnt know that it was a foreign jobby!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

13. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

I don't know what it is. It's not a closed knuckle Dana 60, that's for sure. I see those in piles all over the place. Closed knuckle Dana 60s are pretty worthless. If you were to find one, expect to pay scrap cast prices which is $70-$100/ton. Yeah, that means don't pay more than $50 for a closed knuckle Dana 60.

Whoops. Scroll down and lo-behold they say it's a Nissan Patrol axle.

It looks pretty worthless to me unless you have some unknown reason to want one.