Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what kinda mounts for my new tcase...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jekbrown, Feb 25, 2003.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I have a np205 I am swapping into my rig and the rubber mount things that came with the factory x-member are pretty much shot. What should I be looking for in a replacement and where would I find some high speed ones? ORD? transmission supply shop? Dont want to spend a bazillion dollars on these things, but something more durable than the poopy factory rubber ones would be cool. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

2. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure where would be the quickest place to find 'em but Energy Supsension makes some poly mounts. Might try autozone. I think they carry thier products but would probably be a special order item. Or check with Offcamber. Steve might be able to get a deal on them.

LMC has a set of poly mounts by energy suspension for $69.95 (part # 34-0361) They also have the OEM style for about 40 bucks for all the pieces.

3. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

I'm pretty sure that poly trans mounts are only supposed to be used if you are gonna get poly motor mounts as well.