Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What kinda seats will fit !!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by redbeast, May 23, 2003.

1. redbeast

redbeast Registered Member

Im thinking of changing out the seats im my 85 blazer.
    what kinda of seats fit the best with stock mounts.
    looking for high back seats with maybe armrests. I know the sub seats fit but trying to see what else works... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

I used the seats from a 98 Yukon 2 door. Virtually bolted in and have the inner swivel armrest as well as being high back.

3. vince13

vince13 1/2 ton status

i found a really nice pair of leather seats out of a mazda 626 cronos, like 96 or something power drivers seat real nice tan leather, super comfortable, had to fab up some mounts but nuthin too major.

4. fredekr

fredekr Registered Member

I've got a pair of 1995 Saab 9000 seats in mine. Had to fabricate a bracket but it's not too bad since Saabs have a flat floor pan, and my 77 has a flat floor pan. No arm rests, but super comfy and very er... refined! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Driver's side has normal adjustments plus adjustments for lumbar support, leg support, and height -- the height is great to lift up a couple inches and see over the hood when wheeling! All manual too, which I like. 'Course I did hook up the seat heater just for fun. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Cost me $150/pair at Mile Hi Saab in Denver, leather was more.

cheers,
    Kevin

5. redbeast

redbeast Registered Member

COOL /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Thanks for the info . I think Ill go check out the
    local pick an pull and see what they have. The f**D F150
    bucket seats with the console look pretty good any body tryed them. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. BRN78BLAZER

BRN78BLAZER 1/2 ton status

I've read that any gm astro/safari, and camaro/firebird seats will bolt right up to your existing seat mount. As well im guessing that any full size gm truck seat should fit fairly easily as well. I too hope to soon swap in a more comfortable pair of seats. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

I found a vendor at the local swap meet that sells brand new repos for two factories in California and Texas. I am going to get a 40 20 40 for $550. They are very nice and the middle seat is also a flip down consol and is independantly adjustable. I measured a front seat out of a Chevy Lumina (I think) and it was the same dimensions as the back blazer seat. It is also a 40 20 40 and can be bought for about $100 and can be recoverd to match my front seat for $220. I want the back seat to recline and have a console so I think this lumina bench is perfect except the absence of arm rests. I'll have to fab those along with using the old bracket so the seat still flips up (at least thats the idea)

Anyways, For a grand I am going to have front and rear 40 20 40's.

Good Luck

8. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i just fabbed some seat mounting tabs and ran acura seats.
    got these for $20 and they are nice and comfy.
    [​IMG]

9. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

You're not supposed to sit in import seats zakk, they are supposed to get crushed as a direct side affect from crawling over the Acura /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

10. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I have a Bench seat out of a 67 Pickup in my 83 so the brackets were the same in the 67 - 72 trucks, if that helps at all. I got mine from a guy my dad knew, he was building a show truck so he had it refurnished, then he ended up not finishing the truck because he bought a old GTO I think.