Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What kinda Tranny is it???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Corey 78K5, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Ok got one for you Guy's. My Boss want's me to fix up this old mid 60's International dump truck as a winter project. I can't seem to come up with a year all I can find is a build plate that says its a CO1800. Now I assume CO means Cab Over and who knows what the hell 1800 is suppose to mean. Anyways the pile of crap has a 345 ci gas engine air brakes single speed rear end and then there is the tranny. I have no ideal who it is made by I would assume either International Allison or maybe some kind of Clark possibly even Case. Now here is the details of the tranny it is a 6 speed automatic with no "park" gear. It has a pto and is on the boxy side. The weird thing is it's water cooled. There is a 3/4" line going to and from the radiator and yes it is water and not tranny fluid in them.

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

very interesting, maybe an old allison or something.

3. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Give me the Vin # and I will see what I can come up with. There is an international site I went to for my dad's 66 international pickup. Cant think of the name but it was a site similar to CK5 and seems like it had scout in the name. I just did a search to find it.

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I'll try to remember that tomorrow. I'm gonna end up junking the pile of crap anyways since the air pump for the brakes is gone and the pinion gear is out of it. I'm gonna transplant the dump bed over to a compleat early 70's "Loadstar" cab chassis so I don't have all the headackes. The frame are the same widths and wheel base is just about right. Only other thing will be mounting a PTO hydro pump and a spool valve.

5. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    You might check out
    www.cohentruckparts.com
    They have a big list of transmissions and other parts. Looks like they would be able to tell you what you have anyway.