Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What lift for 44's

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by grizzlyoffroad, Apr 1, 2006.

1. grizzlyoffroad

grizzlyoffroad 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, I know this is much like steve_kibbe's tread, but I have some specific questions. If any of you have ran 44's on a 1st Gen truck/blazer, what lift do you suggest. I plan on using Bushwacker cut out fender flares, so I will have considerably more room than stock. I also plan on a Offroad Design shackle reverse kit to help reduce the need for huge spings in the rear. What about a 10" susp. lift and a 3 inch body? Any ideas/comments would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited: Apr 2, 2006
  2. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Whatcha using it for? :wink1:

Are you keeping your inner fenders?
    If you want tire clearance, you can't. :crazy:

3. grizzlyoffroad

Well, that is a good point. I was planning on keeping my inners, but maybe I will have to fabricate something else to keep the mud and water out. The truck will mostly be used for trail and mud. We don't have a lot of rocks up here, and it obviously won't be a daily driver. I am buying a cabin up in the mountains (no real road to it), and I wanted this blazer to be able to get there no matter how bad the conditions got. Basicly a high horsepower mudder. What do you think?

4. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

If your feeling the need to cut and remove the inners, maybe you could do it with less suspension lift. :hack:

Just thinking that 10" of lift w/44's would be tough to load with camp supplies.

I'm running 8"s of lift w/39.5s and they still rub pretty easily.
    Looking into those 'clearance' options my self.

In these pics, I'm trying to work it out in my driveway. :crazy:
    Getting some real results anyway.

dcp_3911flexed.jpg

dcp_3926flexed.jpg

5. grizzlyoffroad

Nice Blaze! Yeah, I see you are a little tight there. You know, I had a 72 pickup with and 8 inch lift / 3 inch body and it never rubbed with 40 inch ground hawgs. BUT, I had bushwacker cutout fender flares. Those really do make all the difference. You should look into those for your setup. I know they change the look at little, but I think they're still better than just hacking away at the bottom of the fenders. Thanks for the help.

6. jaros44

jaros44 1/2 ton status

quick get the sawsall

:eek1: If you're going where I think you're going, you have some serious clearance issues. How about fabricating new pcs. of fender eyebrows and patching them in. Looking at the inside of my front fenders lots of room to open it up!!!
    Might be easier to use fibraglas tho...
    Moch it up with clay to see how it looks

Nice 'hood view!! It looks wide open up there. Wish we had square rocks down here, makes articulation tests easy:haha:
    Bet the green doesn't go up there... Later J.

7. RGV72BLAZER

RGV72BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Edinburg*San Bene*Online-The Real South Texas
    6" of lift and cut the **** out of the fenders...lol...you're gonna bash on it anyway...and drop in like 600+ hp bbc

8. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

I had 12" of lift and 42s with no cutting. They rubbed in the back bad, at the front of the fender, never really the front.

12"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14" or so in the front, 12" in the back.

[​IMG]