Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What makes it grind?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by balzackks84, May 24, 2003.

1. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Why does the transmission grind if you try to put it in park with the t-case dissingaged? I just don't understand. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

cuz the internals are still moving, and when you put it in park its like putting it in park when your driving with the t case engaged.... does that make sense?

if your tcase is disengaged and you put it in drive, all the stuff in the tranny will be moving, so when you slam it in park its starts clicking. you have to go from drive to neutral, and wait then put it in park.... that should make a little better sense :P

3. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Is this long after you disengaged the Tcase? Maybe its just still spinning under its own momentum ? I know nothing, don't listen to me! lol

4. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Cool. I was just wondering cause some dumb ass kid was having problems and said he just toasted the tranny. So I asked him if the t-case popped out while he was running it. He said he did but later came back and said thats what it was but I couldn't explain to him why it did it. J/W. Thanks.

5. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

yeap, dong grind it to much or you will damage your park sprag, then you will learn how to use your parking brake insted of your park ger

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif