Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what manifold should i get?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by deek, Jan 23, 2005.

1. deek

deek 1/2 ton status

I want to know which would be the best for off roading,

Edelbrock: performer, Performer RPM, Torker II,

I know the performer has the better lowend, but I'v been told that I can still have the same lowend with the RPM but also gain top-end. With either one I'd also get the maching cam.
    I figure someone here would know

2. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Performer RPM

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

DON'T get an Edelbrock cam is my recommendation. They blow, plain and simple. Comp Cams are light years better than Edelbrock crap. Get the Performer or Performer RPm. Its up to you but the Performer will have better bottom end. Personally I'd get the RPM(have one in my garage I will use soon) but I'm building a 383 so there will be gobs of bottom end to begin with.

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

dont get a single plane at all thay are made for high rpm use. i loved my rpm on a built 400sb that thing was great. regular is also good. but kick the extra doo and go rpm.

comp cams is good. i had the 268 xtreem in the 350 with rpm intake and that was strong power. but i dont like there lifters at all . me and a friend have had 2 bad sets over the years. broke in aspr directions with there springs and less than 5k flat lobes. put new cam in with federal mogel lifters and still going strong.

5. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

Ive come across quite a few edelbrock cams with flattened lobes after 2-3000 miles. Performer RPM hands down.

6. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

I got the performer and i love it. I got it for free too :pimp:

Later

7. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

the ironic thing about this is that the Federal Mogul and Comp lifters probably rolled out of the same plant, same people, and possibily even off of the same machine. not many people make lifters.

8. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

the federal mogul lifters and comp lifter are WAY different. i replaced a set of federal mogul lifters with the comps and they were no way alike.

the federal mogul lifters, bearings, and rings are made in a town 10 miles from me :usaflag:

9. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

BTW im gonna run a holley contender intake, picked it up for $35 from a circle track buddy. its considered a highrise dual plane. its probably the same as a performer RPM. the range is idle-5500 RPM.

i did have a weiand stealth intake, but it was square bore and i didn't feel like running an adpater for a spreadbore carb.

10. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

I don't have carb manifold but did alot of research before i bought my motor. Edelbrock's air gap rpm is the best. almost any generic air gap will out perform a non-air gap but edelbrock rpm makes 13 more hp than the performer with better bottom end.

I have a holley projection efi manifold and it works damn good. Real responsive with good torque and hp.

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I only run World Products and Dart Machinery intake manifolds. I have a Dart Machinery "Kool Can" intake manifold. It's the original air-gap intake.